Prologue

Hi, Denise!

     You may find this weird, receiving an email from yourself, and you might think that someone is just playing a prank on you, but I have something urgent to tell you. I'm Denise Raven from a parallel universe, and I just figured out a way to connect with another universe (through this email).

     But that's not why I'm sending this message. I lost people important to me, and I don't want that to happen to you as well. If ever you are invited to a virtual reality game, I want you to be careful. If you think the organization that developed the game is plotting something evil, I want you to stop them. Please save as many as you can. Please save Frey Miller. Please save Prius Wiley.

     Truly yours,

     Dei

That was the email I received that made me pause from playing RPG. Hindi ko maalalang nagpadala ako ng mensahe sa sarili ko. Siguro may nanloloko lang sa 'kin. Hindi ko kilala si Prius Wiley pero kilala ko si Frey Miller.

I filed a month-long vacation from work and planned on spending it playing online games. I was already twentyfive and didn't have time for pranks. I closed the email and continued playing games.

Virtual reality? We'd been searching for a way to make that happen, but we're still a long way to perfecting it. Hindi ito malabong mangyari. Hindi pa lang kami nakakakita ng paraan kung paano magiging affordable at safe ang virtual reality games.

I totally ignored the email but somehow, it bothered me.

***