Chapter 13: The Grand Quest Take 2

(Strong language present in this chapter)

Asuna's POV

We went back into the World Tree and faced the Guardians again.

"We went over the plan right?" Ichika asked.

"Yeah, keep me alive," I answered.

I took off from the floor and fought through the first batch of guardians.

"Asuna!" Ichika yelled.

I swiveled my head downwards and found Ichika stabbing a guardian through the chest. She looked up at me.

"Pay attention!" she shouted.

I glanced back to the top of the dungeon and saw an arrow coming at me. I strafed to my left but the arrow managed to pierce my arm. I fell backwards and winced at the pain.

Then I heard it, a battle cry coming to me. I looked down and saw Ichika's friend flying himself into a large group of enemies.

"Stop Daisuke!" Ichika protested.

Daisuke was surrounded but an explosion happened near him. All the enemies were wiped out and a single green flame floated where he sacrificed himself.

A sharp pain manifested near my gut. I looked back and saw a guardian with his sword stabbed there. I attempted to remove the sword but more guardians surrounded me and stabbed me. I sunk downwards in defeat but I felt a surge of relief inside of me. I glanced downwards and I saw Ichika healing me. Two guardians floated down to her flanks.

"Look out!" I warned.

She looked to her sides and noticed the guardians. She braved for the inevitable death.

"Let's fuck them up!" a voice shouted.

I looked down and saw red, green, and yellow.

"No way!" I thought, "They managed to get their armies ready!"

One of the Salamanders flew up to me and took out a couple of guardians with one swing. He looked back and I noticed that face.

"General Eugene?! What are you doing here?" I asked.

He hacked at another guardian.

"I overheard the whole plan, thought that it would be great to help you guys," he explained.

The Sylph Cait-Sith Salamander Invasion force managed to push through. However, at the top of the dungeon, there was a wall of guardians standing there.

"Give it all you got guys!" I yelled.

Pillars of fire from dragons and beams of light shot at the wall with futile effort. I looked at Ichika and she was explaining something to Sakura and Alicia.

"Everyone fire at the center!" Sakuya ordered.

Everything aimed at the center of the wall. With all of this force focused in one area, a hole managed to form its way.

"Go Asuna!" Ichika yelled.

I flew through the new hole and reached a large door. I looked back down at the wall of guardians and the hole was completely sealed.

"No going back," I thought.

I looked at the large door and tried to pry it open using the tip of my rapier.

"Momma!" Yui said while coming out of my pocket.

"Yui, can you open the door?" I asked.

She looked down at the door.

"This whole part isn't supposed to be accessed by players," she stated.

"Just try Yui, for Daddy," I encouraged her.

She flew down and touched the door. The door separated into 4 pieces. A blinding light shined through the cracks of the door.

"I'm about to be teleported momma, hold my hand!" Yui said.

I reached for Yui's petite hand and braced for the teleport. A white aura surrounded me and the grand quest area was now a bright corridor.

———————————————
The whole bad language part of the story is in reference to the SAO bloopers from 2018 anime expo. If you want to know the exact time, the time stamp is 0:35 seconds.