Chapter 3: Yokohama

Asuna's POV

<December 16, 2024, 10:00 am>

I opened my phone and saw a text from Rika(Lizbeth).

Rika: How's your rehab going so far?

Asuna: It's okay. I found Kazuto though.

Rika: Who is Kazuto?

Asuna: Kirito!

Rika: Oh that's great!

Asuna: Yeah! He's at Yokohama General Hospital.

Rika: My rehab is at 1:00 pm there.

Asuna: Maybe we can hang out or something.

Rika: Yeah, maybe in the cafeteria.

Asuna: Ok, see you there.

I shut down my phone and placed it into my pocket. I walked outside without my crutches and to my older brother who was working on restoring old cars as a hobby.

"Hey I'm going," I announced.

"Where are you going?" he asked while still under the car.

"Yokohama General Hospital."

"Why there? You finished your rehab."

"I'm just going to see my friend who's there."

"Well, just be careful. You can take my bus card."

I walked over to a leather wallet on the hood of the car. I unfolded it and pulled out his bus card.

"There's only a last name so you should be fine," he finished.

"Thanks," I said.

I walked out of the property and towards the nearest bus stop. My mom had to go to Kyoto for something and my dad picked up fishing with an old man from floor 22. I reached the bus and sat down. It wasn't long before the bus came around. It leads to a hub bus stop in Yokohama. I boarded and scanned the bus card.

"Please work," I thought.

A confirming chime allowed me to relax. I moved to the back of the bus and sat down on one of the seats. The bus then moved on to the hub stop.

<10:45 am>

I got out of my seat and walked outside and there was Yokohama General Hospital.

"Kirito," I thought.

I jogged to the entrance and got into the lobby. I saw Rika sitting down.

"Hey Rika," I said.

"Hey Asuna," she responded, "Here to see Kirito I see."

"Shut up."

I elbowed her while sitting down.

"You're pretty early for a 1 o'clock appointment," I commented.

"Well, I managed to get an earlier appointment," she responded.

"Rika Shinozaki," a nurse asked.

"That's me," Rika said while raising her hand.

Rika grabbed her crutches and walked away. I walked up to the front desk.

"Hey, do you have a patient named Kazuto Kirigaya?" I asked.

The nurse responded, "Yes but we don't allow anyone to just visit people."

"I was a friend of his."

"After 2 years of unconsciousness? You know, he should be dead by now but he's a trooper. Still alive but still unconscious."

She typed something on her computer.

"Okay, the room number is 1617 on floor 16," she said.

She handed me a visitor's name tag and pointed in the direction to the elevator.

"Thank you," I said before I left.

I head to the elevator and boarded it to floor 16. Once I got out of the elevator, I checked the floor directory and followed the route to floor 1617. I looked at all of the names of the patients and there it was.

"Kazuto Kirigaya, Room 1617," I read.

I opened the door and saw a curtain separating the hospital bed from the door. I ambled forward and moved the curtain aside. I saw Kirito still wearing the Nerve Gear Rig. I was tempted to walk up and try to pull it off of him.

"And no one from the outside will be able to shut down or remove the Nerve Gear from your head. If anyone attempts to do so, a transmitter inside the Nerve Gear will discharge a microwave signal into your skull, destroying your brain, and ending your life," Kayaba's words echoed through my mind.

All I could do was just sit and watch.

"Kirito," I thought.

I walked up and kissed him on the cheek. I held his hand and hugged his lifeless body. He looked dead but was still breathing as if he was alive. Then, I heard the door open. I got up and looked outside his window.

"Who are you?" a voice asked.

I look to the doorway and see a 17-year-old woman holding a bouquet of pink roses.

"Hey, I'm just visiting Kazuto," I said.

"Don't be so restrictive it's okay to tell me your real name," she said.

"I'm Asuna, Asuna Yuuki."

"As in Lightning Flash Asuna?"

I nodded.

"Wow, I'm like a big fan of yours! It's truly an honor to be in the same room as you. My name is Kotone Takemiya," she said.

"Well, thanks for your support I guess," I responded.

She placed the bouquet on a bedside table. She walked up to me and placed her head near my ear.

"I'm going to be married to him on December 26, I'll let you visit, but I don't want to see you ever again after," she threatened.

————————————————————————-

@Iamspartasking, support 'em