Chapter - 15

I guess I had forgotten how good it felt to be home, spending time with mom and dad also the home cooked meal. The evening came quicker to my disappointment but also I promised I would try to spend more weekends with them.

Avni arrived early and did what best friends do. Comment on how bad my fashion sense was, which was true when compared to hers.

"You should wear a saree, your mom will be on cloud nine" suggested Avni.

"Why sure, then all the aunties can come down on me to tell how lucky I will be to meet their respective son" I replied sarcastically.

"Hmm yes that would be fun to watch" she said and then went down with a thud.

I laughed and she glared.

"Oh lord, I don't know why but I missed you so much and also shoving your ass down every time you mock" saying that I tackled her with a hug.

She laughed and replied, " Unfortunately I missed you too, I can't mock anyone here, they take offense like it's Twitter, and yeah I missed your shoves, something is wrong with us !".

We saw the time and scrambled, She rocked that shimmering black outfit of hers. While I went for golden one. I had better hand in makeup than her. So that went uneventful. For a change I loved my heels.

The party to my surprise was actually fun, only the family and close friends were invited which made it easy to mingle and meet everyone. The only thing which was slightly weird was my mom looking at door every five minutes. That thought passed as soon as I crossed the food buffet and the food was amazing like always.

"Penny for your thought my child? " Dad asked as he stood beside me.

I looked up at him, tall and distinguished looking man, the one who has always been the pillar throughout my life.

" I didn't realize how much I distanced myself, until I came here. And how good it is to be back with  you guys" I sighed and snuggled to his side.

" When you left, it was pretty difficult to cope for me and your mom especially the circumstances you left when we didn't realize what you were going through and no, don't look so stricken my baby, you did what you had to do at that time and I understand that completely" consoled my dad in his warmest tone. Gave me bear hug before letting me go.

Sometimes my parents overwhelmed me with their understanding.

"Now now, don't tear up, your mom will have my neck if she finds I made you cry with all my mushy stuff"  muttered Dad looking around for Mum incase she appeared and whacked him. That made me laugh.

"I love you, Papa" I said, my heart finally at peace.

" I love you too my Jaan" replied Dad, his ears were red with pleasure. Maybe I didn't say it often, I promised myself I would rectify it.

The party was fun, it was pretty fun to catch up with all cousins, relatives and friends after years. And more to be back home.

As soon as I came back to my building,I nodded to our building guard and got. Into the elevator, I took off my heels, the cold floor gave me relief from the cramp.
(Ugh things we do for fashion!)
I got emersed with planning for my next day's schedule when I reached my floor.

But as soon as my elevator door opened, I heard a gut wrenching sob, I jumped a little at the sound and hurriedly looking around.

I found a young girl crumpled on the floor sobbing with her head down. She was against the apartment door which was exactly opposite to mine. Her things scattered all over.One look at her state and my heart broke for that young kid.

A/N : Who do you think that girl is ? And what trouble is she in?