Chapter - 6

I felt the warmth of sunlight falling on my face .I woke up with a smile...Well I am gonna meet my childhood friend that's why I am so excited and happy. I hopped off my bed and went to have shower. As soon as I came out of the bathroom, I went to the kitchen to prepare something for me since I was ravenous.
Something occurred to me. Wow! My larger than stomach appetite is back I thought with a grin.

I prepared French toast with a cup of tea. Since it was early and it was a beautiful day I went to my back yard where a table and two chairs were kept. My backyard has the most beautiful view. After the fences was the beach..Waves splashing and cold breeze. The sun was just up and hence the water looked breath taking in that orange glow. I sat in bliss drinking and eating until I heard racket of people coming to beach.
I had a presentation on Monday morning to the new CMD of Hayward Company (A/N - Hayward company is where Ruhi works) Talking of CMD , I never seen Kabir Kapoor face to face or pictures for that matter. People in my office (*ahem* Ladies) got to know that it was Kabir Kapoor who acquired our company started fangirling over him.I frankly don't understand what's the big deal about him.

I still have 5 hours to meet Avni so I took my laptop and sat on my recliner to start the presentation about the company its value..objectives.. Blah..blah..blah. Since I was the Marketing manager of the company I gave brief details of marketing strategies. To be honest I wanted to be in the good books the CMD aka Kabir Kapoor who I heard from the rumours had brilliant business knowledge that's why he gained success this early. Since I was a pro at presentation I was done. I went to get ready.

At 12.30 I ran out of my room and went in again to check whether I looked good and I think I was presentable. I wore a sleeveless white dress which came below my knees. I wore a black lace ribbon around my hip for style and flat black ballet shoes. I took my leather sling bag and put my keys ,ID , phone,wallet and necessary stuffs and ran out locking the door to catch a cab.

Exactly at 1.00 pm I am standing at the reception counter of Royal Resort . I can see there is lot of chaos in the Resort. Hmm something must have happened I thought. I rang the bell in the reception and a young frazzled looking receptionist came out with an apologic smile. She straightend herself and welcomed me " Welcome to Royal Resort. My name is Rose Hawthrone and how may I help you? "

I smiled " Hey I am Ruhi and my friend Avni Chopra is staying at one of the suite. She asked me to pick up the keys to her suite from you. Could I get it ?"

The receptionist smiled " Oh yes Ms.Chopra did inform us and do you mind.." She was interrupted by Manager who looked like he was about to have a panic attack any moment now.

The Receptionist excused herself with another apologic smile and went inside with manager.

It was 10 minutes and I was getting impatient now. I was drumming my fingers in the desk I saw many others standing behind me. I gave them a shrug and shook my head when I saw the same look of impatience on their face.

I had already hit the bell more than 5 times when I was about to hit it again
She came back running and looking more frazzled. " We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience ma'am" she said running a hand through her disheveled hair.

"That's fine. What's the issue?!" I asked.

"Our Resort is getting acquired by another company and the owner is here without any notice that's why...". She shrugged looking annoyed.

Then with a smile she said " Umm! Could I see your Id and please sign here. I will give you the keys."

I did as I was told. She was rummaging in desk drawer and "Crash" we turned to see two trolleys crashing and there was scattered luggage , scared to wit bellboys and angry looking customers.
I looked back at the Receptionist who had a horror look in her face.