Chapter - 8

After a huge yawn and some stretching I got out of bed. I winced when I looked at the time, why would anyone wake up this early I thought to myself.

"Oh right! New boss. Presentation. My job. And freedom or something in that line."

Brushing my teeth, I roamed in my pj's to prepare my magic potion to get through the day.
Once the tea was ready. I finished my bathroom duties and went out to read newspaper and drink my Tea.

Somehow I got into yesterday's 'Eventful' day. After the embarrassing waiter incident I just wanted to be swallowed by the Earth. And Avni almost died of laughing so hard.
I hate it when I try to forget something so bad but it just pops up suddenly. Never have I been embarrassed so bad.

Once I drained my cup. I felt back to. Normal. I had to check my presentation once again and make backup files. No rooms for mistake when it comes to work.

After keeping my bag and things. I wanted to make an impact hence I chose Black shirt and grey suit with grey pumps. Subtle colours but emitted power.
After getting ready. I drove to office very early just in case of traffic I couldn't afford to do mistakes. Again I was annoyingly strict when it came to work. Old habits.

The meeting was scheduled for 10 o'clock. And I was in my office by 9.15. I made sure my work files were completed and print out of few details were taken. And the meeting Hall was up and working.

By 9.55 my nerves were jingling and my palms getting sweaty. I tried calming myself and it was no use.
I made myself remember I couldn't lose it now. And waited for Mr. Kabir Kapoor.

Suddenly I got a call informing me that Mr. Kapoor had arrived with My ex boss.
I jerked up suddenly making my file fly on the long table.
Damn it!
I was trying to pick it fast enough and trying to keep it back in the original place. My back was towards the door.

Shit. Now if Mr. Kapoor enters he might take me for a unorganised inefficient employee. My nerves were already in a shaky position. I didn't understand what was happening to me. I had done this before. Still i was like shaking like a fresher on the first day . Not done Ruhi. Not done. I got up just in time, when the door opened I heard them walking in the room.

After a quick deep breath I composed and turned with the polite smile to welcome the gathering. But..
Oh no it cannot be..
Shit please no
Damn it

It seems like odds were NOT at all in my favour , let me tell you something, after years of practice of how to act professional be in office or with my dad's high profile friends and also it took all my will power not to scream in embrassment or run far far away from this room.
I literally hoped earth would swallow me but no I wasn't so lucky. Only thing which betrayed me were my eyes and mouth.

It had to be Mr. Track pant standing in glory in that slate suit looking like a freaking GQ model.
And My ex boss trying his best to look good but well he must have partied a little too hard yesterday for the hair seems to be standing out.

I wasn't the only one looking baffled, Mr. Track.. I mean Kabir Kapoor was way to still nothing betraying his thoughts. The only one obvious to this tension was Mr. Lork,

"Hello, Ruhi. Well seems like my time is over here after all after years of my hard work, time to handover my sweat and blood to New business tycoon Mr. Kapoor. Mr. Kapoor this is Ruhi Mehta.. Oh man you guys are Indians isn't that great?.. And.. "Lork was interrupted by The Kapoor.

" I never knew nationality mattered in work and Ms. Mehta nice to meet you, I look forward working with you! '' he smiled and mocked Lork all in one sentence.

Man has Talent!
But why would he smile at me? Shouldn't he fire me by now? Or atleast mock? Hmm. Maybe there is some ulterior motive.

I gave him a polite smile and whispered "Thank you, same here sir. And welcome to this company!"

After the acquisition discussions, the main departmental heads had to do presentation, it was my turn.
*deep breathe, girl. You can do this*.

Thankfully, I managed it without any troubles (except looking at Mr. Track.. i mean Kapoor) We were asked to leave for the final decision on which departmental heads would be staying.

Votes and comments!!