Chapter - 5

I woke up with a yawn. Darn it I am still sleepy.I rubbed my eyes to see the time it showed 11.30!!!
Crap ! 11.30 ? What the...! Office?! Shit I panicked and rolled off my bed to remember I still wore my skirt which caused my legs get tangled with bedspread and "Oomph" I fell down. "Whyyyyy?!!" I screeched rubbing my now damaged arse. Then I remembered it was freaking Saturday so hell ya ! No office.
I must have broken so many rules of mine these days but was so worth it. You wanna know what I did?
* I left my office on time for starters yesterday.
* Had food which was "Junk"
* Oh wait. My cold behaviour to employees
*Disconnecting my Boss...Ex- Boss's call.
*Waking up so damn late.
*Not working on Saturday.
It must be a record. I didn't want to think about the reason for my behaviour,it will spoil the whole day and I loads of things to do.
I got up slowly trying not to hurt myself again. Took a grey oversized t-shirt and Hulk boxer ( I have obsession with super heroes boxers especially The Avengers hence I buy various boxers. What???! It's comfy) and my last pair of washed inner wears.I thanked God silently for the last pair.
I quickly threw my yesterday's clothes which was stinking and had a hot shower. Hot shower is my guilty pleasure. Everyday I used to hurry up and would get ready for office within 20 mins so my shower time was measly 5 mins. Today I took a long shower doing all my girl rituals which I neglected. I felt ready to tackle the mess awaiting outside.
When I exited the bathroom it was like a sauna room.I glanced at the clock.
Oh Teri ! (Oh My) It was 12.45. Well..well I need to get my brunch. I ain't doing anything unless I have a cup of tea and something to eat.
Unlike other Corporate employees who drank coffee. I preferred tea in the morning..fresh tea powder imported from India nothing else.( Nope. I am not a rich spoiled brat, I've been drinking the same kind of tea since I was a kid hence dad sends it once a month from India )
Too lazy to prepare anything I just stuffed slices of bread into toaster ,once done I searched the "Pig sty" for my grocery bag which had peanut butter. After rummaging around I finally found it.
I applied it on my toast generously and gulped it down with my tea.
Now to tackle my nessy house ( Okay! Messy is an understatement)
I took necessary items for the battle of my house. Took a deep breaths and went with a war cry......( Fine. I exaggerated)

5 hours later.

"Will you look at that ?!" I exclaimed.
After battling with dust,junks and clothes I FINALLY won the battle. Now I had a beautiful living room, mopped wooden floors, glimmering kitchen, sparkling windows,doors and toilets, washed clothes and 5 yes...5 bags of garbage to dispose.
The only stinking thing in the room was well Me! I didn't look at the mirror ,because I didn't want to scare myself. So I took hot shower to clean the dust and what not off me and to soothe my sore muscles.
Everything was in its place. You know you get that satisfaction after completing the work you have been neglecting that's what I was feeling.
And suddenly my stomach grumbled,I patted my flat stomach "Yes yes I haven't forgotten about you.I am too tired to cook let me just order Pizza" I said to my stomach. My brain gave red signal about ordering pizza I just ignored it like before.
I went to order pizza but I couldn't find my phone."Oh no no!! Where are you.??! " I talked to myself again. Then I remembered.
I ran to my room and opened my bag and there it was. The cell was blinking."Maargayi" I said ( I am dead) There was 17 missed calls only from Mum. 6 from each of my brother, 10 from office and another 10 from Avni ( my best friend)
Shit shit I am in deep trouble I thought.
I ordered my pizza (Hey! I am ravenous) at least I can wait for my pizza while I call back these people.
It was getting cold. So I wore Yoga pants and long sleeved tee which says "She's Crazy" I snorted well I was.

I prayed to God and called my mum first. " RUHI MEHTA !! PHONE KIS LIYE HAI? GHANTI BAJNE KE LIYE?" my mum yelled .I winced and kept my phone far away from my now deaf ear. Ohho! I am in deep shit.

"Mummy..sorry sorry! Just hear me out okay." I pleaded
"Huff! Bolo( talk)" she said.

"Mummy a lot of things have happend. Which made me realise that I am just not living anymore. I have lost that spark I had before I came here. And no I am not ready to talk about it yet. I will tell you soon. And I have been neglecting my duties and avoiding my family and friends. I am sorry Maa( Mom). So I was cleaning my house which I neglected so far. And please let's not argue about keeping maids. You and papa ( Dad) promised my freedom here. And that's why I couldn't pick anyone's call. I was cleaning and doing things to get things back to normal.I am turning in to workaholic Maa I don't want that" I rambled my voice broke in the end.

"Mera baccha! Are you homesick?" She guessed.
" Yes Maa! I haven't been home for 3 years and haven't met you for 6 months or more. I was so addicted to work I forgot everything else. I miss you, papa, bhaiyas( brothers) and home " I said quietly.
I could hear rustling on the other end so I asked " Maa what are you doing? "

She replied " You miss us, so I am going to call your dad from France and we are coming tomorrow, if any delay then the day after.I will ask to fuel and keep our jet ready..and.."

"Wooohooo, Maa stop stop. Please listen to me. I can handle, no don't interrupt. You aren't coming down here just for me. Listen you have business to look after. I will Skype you soon I am feeling better already after talking. So no coming here. We will meet soon. " I interrupted and promised her.

"But..! Okay . You will call or Skype me if you feel homesick and you should MEET us soon if not I am coming there dragging your dad along. Got it?" She ordered.

"Yes Maa. By the way why is papa in France?" I asked curiously
My Dad hated flying. He did only if it was an Emergency. And yes my parents owned "Disha group of hotels" which was situated throughout the world. Usually Overseas hotels is looked after my elder brother Karan.
My Mom and Dad look after Indian Hotels so I am born into a wealthy family.

"Ahh! Yes since Karan is busy with a tie up in England, your Papa had to take care of France issue. Oh wait! I forgot to tell you Misha maasi ( Aunty - Mom's sister) had come home and she has brought so many rishtas ( Photos with Information about Eligible Men for Marriage) " she said excitement bubbling in last sentence.

"Nooooo! You promised. No Marriage til 25. And doesn't Misha Maasi have other work than searching a groom for me. Oh wait , she is into that big stuffy match making business. Tell her I am NOT interested" I bursted out.

Mom sighed and said "Worth a try. Okay Ruhi I have to leave to office . Take care beta ( Kid) Love you."

"Bye Maa ! You too and give regards to Papa and Bhaiyas ,love you more. Muahh" I said and ended the call.

I heard the door bell and went to get my purse to pay for pizza.
After paying the pizza delivery guy and tipping him generously as he brought it so soon I closed the door . I opened fridge for a beer. I love beer.

I sat on my recliner with pizza on Coffee table and started eating the first slice .Wow I moaned tasting the pizza it was mind blowing. May be I was just too hungry .
I got ready to call my Best friend well here goes another outburst.
"Heyyy Avni." I said timidly keeping my phone a little far away from ears.I was not ready to lose my other ear as well.
"Hello? Who is this? " said Avni politely.
Huh? What happened? She lost my number after she called me millions of times.?!
" Avni what happened? This is Ruhi. I saw your missed calls, is everything alright? " I asked her.
" Ruhi? Oh! My ex best friend who neglected me for 3 FREAKING MONTHS" She screeched.
Ahahha! See I told you. That's more like my best friend. Polite and Avni is No No.
" Sorry Avvv! I will tell you everything. I know I am such a lousy friend." I begged her
" I am not forgiving you so easily.I might if you come to meet me tomorrow at 1.00 for lunch in Royal Resort " she said.
"Oh sure sure anything..Wait...wooooh.. You are in Minnesota ? Holy Paneer. Why didn't you tell me? Why are you staying there when my house is there? When did you reach..." I questioned her jumping up and down and almost making pizza fall on the floor.

"You would have known hours ago if you had the courtesy to pick my call and I just reached two hours ago.I had business meeting in Minnesota and I am staying only till tomorrow. My flight leaves in the night. Does that answer your questions?! And Yes you need to fill me in on what's happening at lunch I kept myself free till my flight departs. I am tired so I will see you tomorrow at 1.00 I will text you my room details and you can enter my room . I will leave instructions with the receptionist. Bye Ru..I am really excited to meet you Bitch" she said

"Same here kamini, I will be there. " I promised.