"How many rooms are there?" I ask, my heart beating ecstatically.

"Three," Derek answers and offers to show us around.

As expected, the master is splendid. It has a big and comfortable bed, a walk-in closet, and a modern bathroom. Its window overlooks the ocean. The ash-gray wooden floor makes it very sleek, and even so are the hanging flower pots with metal chains on the patio.

We advance into other rooms. They look pretty much okay: just medium sized, warm, and simple. And back downstairs, the living room is also as satisfying, and so is the open kitchen that's adjoined to the dining room. I love it. It's totally my style.

"As you can see, it's cozy and still new." Derek keeps explaining about how recently it has been renovated and all other details.

The mechanic of my brain is already calculating the rent and possibility that I can actually afford it if I try harder. Derek opens the side French doors, revealing a little swimming pool and the back of the treehouse.

This feels like a home already.

"Kira, what do you say?" Liam snaps me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I realize Derek has already stepped outside, it's only me and my man.

"I think I love this place," Liam says, his voice pleased. "It's not too big, and it has the best qualities for a home, and there's a high security system, which is very important."

"I don't know, Liam." I puff out some air, feeling undecided.

"Why? I thought you liked it?" He stares at me, frowning. "Is it big? Are you afraid you won't be able to sleep at night?" he teases while cupping my face in a cheesy demeanor.

I giggle lightly. .

"I'm not sure I can afford paying for this place," I confess, taking my financial status into account. "I love it, yes, but it's a little too much for me."

"Kira." Stifling a laugh, Liam pulls me closer. "I wouldn't force you out of your house if I were going to make you incur more costs. I'm the one who wanted this, and I'm the one who'll take care of everything. We're having this house, because you like it, and I've seen that you do the moment you saw that treehouse."

"But . . ." I try to object, and he shuts me with a kiss that takes longer than needed.

"I'll go get Gibson. We're taking the house." Liam walks out without taking my response.

Sighing heavily, I amble around and stare at the ocean through the great window. I've never pictured myself living a luxurious life at a man's expense. This makes my tummy in knots. Liam and I have only met like . . . four weeks ago? And he's now paying for my accommodation, just because we're dating.

What if we break up?

But of course, you just had to think of a breakup! My subconscious curls her lips. Well, I can't help it. But then again, in case that happens, I'll just move back to a studio apartment, right? There's always a way to get out of situations, and I'm not that poor to be totally honest. I'm a working woman.

"You can take your time deciding, but if you're ready, I have the contract." I hear Derek's voice approaching.

"We'll just take the contract with us, and give you the call afterwards. But we're almost sure this is what we want," Liam answers coolly, and I take my time admiring his satisfying profile.

So gentle yet menacing. He's a peculiar man.

"Okay, I'll hand you the contract. It's in my car," Derek says, and our quest seems to be completed.

It's already dark when we return to the hotel. In bed after a shower, I begin to feel a slight contraction in my lower abdomen. Perhaps my period is around the clock, and it makes me sick already.

"Is everything okay?" Liam asks, concerns lacing his voice.

He sits next to where my head is.

"Yeah, just a bit of feminine emergency."

"What?"

"My period is near," I say, laughing at his puzzled look.

"Oh," he utters, "what a shame."

"What?" I nudge him, filling our shared laughter in the air.

"I'm just kidding, Kira. Are you in pain?" He turns serious, taking my head to his lap.

"Not exactly, just some minor discomfort that makes me hate being a woman sometimes."

I'm actually anticipating to see my period this time, thanks to that unprotected sex we had.

"You have a tampon?" Liam asks.

"Wow, Mr. Intense." I raise my head, impressed. "You're so well informed, huh?"

"Don't underestimate my intelligence, Kira," he brags.

"Sure." I roll my eyes. "And yes, I have one for emergencies."

"Good. Let's have dinner right here, and get you to sleep afterwards."

"Why do I feel five again?" I tease.

"Because I'll be your daddy tonight," Liam says, and I burst out laughing.