"Get out of my head, Mr. Darcy," I snap, and we both laugh.

Liam rings the doorbell as we reach Eleanor's room. A very unique perfume scent engulfs my nostrils and my fairy godmother steps out when the door flings open.

My breath hitches and my hand tightens in Liam's.

"Liam, I thought—" Eleanor starts but immediately holds her horses at the sight of us two holding hands. "Kira?" Her bright smile appears.

"Hi." I smile back.

The sight of her dark hair framing her face reminds me of the woman in the car. I gulp. They look so much alike, even if my memory isn't as clear as an HD resolution. Identical twins indeed. And when she pulls me into a hug, I break into tears once again.

"Kira," she whispers, confounded.

"I . . . I'm happy to see you." I pull back with a bittersweet smile that makes her frown a bit. "How are you?" I sniff.

"I'm fine, but I can't say the same about you." She inspects me carefully and a small frown flints across her face. Confused, she lifts her eyes at Liam. "What's going on? Are you two fighting again?" she scolds us.

Liam sighs tiredly and says, "Why don't we go in first?"

We go inside and a little reign of silence takes place.

"Tell me what's going on already," cries Eleanor. "Because I can't stand this suspense any longer.

"Kira is the other survivor of the accident," Liam tells her casually. She winces back with squinted eyes. "The same accident that killed Mother," he adds, and now it's a clear picture as Eleanor's eyes go wide with horror.

"What?" she gasps.

"Her parents died as well, so—" Liam pauses to catch a breath, or to fight away the tears; I can't tell.

With everyone looking subdued, he finally gives out more details and it's a real shock for my mother-in-law. Her eyes find me and that glow of glee is suddenly replaced with inexplicable touch.

"Okay," she breathes. "So let me hear this calmly. You, Kira, are the little girl that my Liam tried so hard to see before we flew back to England, right? It was you who lost your parents together with my sister? You're that girl he saved?" She stares directly into my eyes, and I only shake my head to affirm.

"Wait, I tried to look for her?" Liam interjects, and it seems like there's a memory gap, and his parents chose to conceal it.

"Yes, Liam." Eleanor looks up at him.

"Mother, why did you hide it from me?" Liam gets up frantically. "You don't know how hard I've tried to understand who that girl is. I had countless nightmares of her, wondering who she is and how it all happened. I tried so hard to put the pieces together but—"

"What was the point, honey?" Eleanor cries, agitated. "You were devastated and I thought I was going to lose you too. You hardly talked to anyone in months, and I couldn't take another blow that was going to confuse you even more, Liam. And also, how would I know that you had those kinds of recollections when you had those nightmares? You always hide everything that troubles you, Liam Darcy. Always." She's very hurt from the sound of her voice.

Liam frowns and says, "Even so. You could have told me about her."

"Liam, please," I step in, "let's not argue anymore. It's enough. We're all here and everything is out in the light, so don't start complicating the past."

Liam exhales heavily, his eyes dark and clouded with old pain. "Okay, I'll be outside. I'll leave you two alone," he says gently and takes his leave.

Eleanor and I share a sad look, full aware that he's more hurt than any of us. He's frustrated that he can't remember everything, and even pained that he can't seem to forget everything either.