Chapter Eight

A/N: So sorry for the late update 😢 I've been procrastinating like a pro throughout these days, but hey, I'm here now 🥳 Anyway, here's ☝🏻 a picture of Ivan Silver 😍 My babe Lee Pace (ehem ehem..Thranduil...ehem ehem 🤭) ON WITH THE STORY!

DAY 50 OF 90

DESIREE EVERSON

We're back at LA and I didn't do any progress today at work. I just sat on my chair and lazily stared at the view from my floor to ceiling windows.

I've been thinking about my feelings for Eric.

I smiled at the thought of him. He's been so kind and funny. It's like he just wants to live his life to the fullest. Like nothing could ever come between him and the risks of life.

"Ms. Everson?"

I broke away from my thoughts to the sound of my secretary's voice.

"Mr. Ivan Silver is here to see you." Clara said.

My smile faltered when I heard that name.

"Let...let him in." I stammered, absently fixing my blazer.

Ivan strolled in looking like a snack, as always, and smiled at me.

"Hello, Desiree."

"I..Ivan." I said, walking towards him to kiss his cheeks as a greeting.

"You look good." He commented while studying my form.

"Thanks." I blushed. "I could say the same thing to you."

He smirks and takes a seat on my office chair. He just sat there for a few minutes, just staring at me. And it wasn't like I minded at all.

"What brings you here today, Ivan?" I broke the silence, putting my hands behind my back.

"Oh yeah," he quickly sat up like he remembered something. "I'm here to take you back."

My brows furrowed.

"Take me back to where?"

He chuckled, "I meant that I'm here to take you back as my fiancé."

My world shattered into a million pieces causing me to stumble a bit on my heels.

"I beg your pardon, what?!" I slammed my hands on the desk.

He stood up and paced around the office.