Everyone around him stared now, but Negan no longer cared.

And with only one thing on his mind, he reached down, his hands sliding beneath Blake's shoulder and her jean-clad thighs, as he lifted her easily from the ground and up into his arms.

He felt her immediately paw at his arm, wincing in pain.

"Come on, baby," he murmured in a voice that was barely there, trying to sate her as best he could. "Everything's gonna be fuckin' fine."

But of that he wasn't so sure.

Beneath his chin, Blake was still gaping desperately.

"N-Negan..." she managed to breath out. "I-I..."

But Negan gave a gulp and shushed her gently.

He could feel the warm trickle of blood soaking into his own grey t shirt now as he held her close. But he didnt care, turning on his booted heel, as Saviour after Saviour, that had gathered around them in concern, stepped aside, letting him pass.

Dwight was ahead of him now, leading the way into the cool and dark Sanctuary.

"Negan, I-I'm-" Blake said again, her teeth gritted in pain.

But Negan just shook his head.

"It's alright, Darlin', its ok," he replied, cutting across her.

He'd known far bigger and stronger men than her, die from bullet wounds, and knew that she needed to save what little energy she had left.

Dwight shoved open a wide set of doors ahead or them, as behind Negan, he heard at least three other sets of footsteps following along.

But they had barely made it down the lengthy hallway that led past the dining hall when Simon suddenly rounded the corner towards them.

He stared, stopping horrified at the sight of a bloodied Blake, before looking back to Negan.

"I heard, on the radio....what the hell happened?!" he asked, falling into step with Negan as the tall, and looming man strode on, his jaw set, and a tick working its way inside his stubbly cheek.

Oh he knew what had fucking happened.

Someone had been planning this all along. Someone out to get him.

And when he found out who, Negan would bring down this entire fucking world onto their heads.

But right now, he had far bigger concerns.

He looked down to Blake who had her eyes closed in a pained frown, gasping a little, but still conscious at least.

"I don' know," Negan murmured to Simon in reply, shaking his head, barely ale to concentrate on words right now, his focus solely on the woman in his arms.

But Simon, looked angry on Negan's behalf.

"What do you need me to do, Boss?" he asked sternly, as they turned the corner.

But Negan just gave a scowl, ignoring him.

He didn't have time for Simon's bullshit right now.

But he didn't need to reply, as Carson suddenly stepped out of the medical room at the far end of the long hallway, his face full of concern.

"What happened to her?" said the doctor, staring first at Negan, then down to Blake.

He quickly stepped aside for them to pass through into the doorway, as they barrelled in, and Negan swiftly carried the blonde woman over to the bed, where Blake gave a cry of pain as he lowered her down.