5 Fight, Flight or Sleep

Blanche

I couldn't move.

"Close your eyes all you want. You aren't leaving this place until I allow you to."

I stayed still.

"You know you can open them. I'm still here. Don't worry. I'm not here to hurt you, just yet. What happens next will depend on how you answer my questions," the voice said.

What does it want?

"What I want is to know how you got here."

I stayed silent. I couldn't resist it. I slowly opened my eyes to see the face of the person in front of me. As soon as I opened them, the rays of sunshine hit my eyes. I'm still sitting on the bench except the person is directly in front of me. I can't quite make up anything about the person or even my surroundings; it was like I have a very bad eyesight and everything is just one big blur.

"Don't worry. You're not going blind. You shouldn't be seeing too much of this place yet if you have no plan of staying. I don't want another person to come here and mess things up just to leave again," the voice said the last sentence with a mixture of anger and sadness. I stood silent, still trying to process everything.

"Do you know where you are? How did you find this place? You seem to be out of place here. I know every nook and cranny of this city but I don't seem to remember creating you or letting you in here. This is not how I typically do things. Usually, this world only revolves around me. Why was this person here?"

"What do you mean creating me? Look. All I know is that one minute ago, I was watching tv with my friend and then I drifted off to sleep. For all I know, this is all a dream and I'M the one who created you," I tried to sound brave but my voice is betraying me.

"So, you're a new visitor now, aren't you? You don't feel..."

"What?"

"Y'know. Dead?"

"No. I just told you I fell asleep and poof I'm here," I said, a bit irritated that this 'person' can't get the message through its head.

"Okaaay..." It just stared at me, inspecting every inch of my face.

I wanted to run but I don't even know where I'd go since I don't know where I am in the first place.

"I don't know wha-," it cut me off.

"Shhh, there's something different about this one." it said, obviously annoyed.

"What?" I asked.

"Hush dear. I'm trying to have a conversation."

"There's something about this one that's different from the others. Did you send this one? Oh, now I know what's different with her. Why is she even here? Are you suddenly feeling guilty for leaving me?" The voice was screaming. The ground was shaking.

"Are you there? I guess you're not. After all, I was the one that made you leave." I heard the voice say, the words echoing in my mind.

"I missed you but you won't hear me anymore. Our story has already finished, hasn't it? I see you still don't know how to reply to me. Still the same person I met twenty years ago, or is it a few years or minutes? Time gets confusing sometimes when you're talking to someone in a different world," it said in a mocking yet sweet tone then followed it with a chuckle.

Great. Of all the places to be stuck while asleep is a crazy person. I don't want a tiring dream today but something tells me that this wasn't one of those horror dreams. Those usually start with someone already chasing me and less conversations but this one is still creepier than most dreams.