~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taehyung grumpily walked to his job the next day wearing a hat on his head, to help conceal some of the scratches he had on his face.

taehyung sighed as he stepped in the animal shelter and noticed someone standing in front of the counter.

why isn't jimin helping this customer?

"hello, i'm assuming you're here to adopt a pet?" taehyung asked, sporting his brightest smile he could, but then quickly frowned once he stood behind the counter and saw that it was only yoongi.

"that's a pretty face you got there, taehyung." he teased.

"shut up, what are you even doing here?" taehyung asked annoyed.

"i work here now."

"what? where's jimin? jimin!?"

"stop yelling, taehyung. i was just checking on the animals to make sure they were okay." jimin said as he appeared beside taehyung.

"are the cats okay?" yoongi asked.

"yeah, they're okay. why?" jimin asked.

"just asking," yoongi smirked as he looked at taehyung.

taehyung glared at yoongi. "jimin, please don't tell me that he is working here."

"yoongi works here, now."

"but why?" taehyung whined.

"he needed a job and i gave him one." jimin replied. "now take your hat off and go feed the animals. i have to make sure yoongi knows what he is doing."

taehyung sighed and took off his hat. he placed it behind the counter before doing what he was told. feeding the animals was the worst part of the job in his opinion, especially because he had to get close to the animals.

"do you need help feeding the cats?" yoongi asked as he appeared beside taehyung after a few minutes, just as he was going to feed the cats.

"no, shut up and go away." taehyung said without looking at him.

"jimin told me to help you and..." yoongi stepped in front of taehyung before placing his hands on taehyung's face. "...what if you get scratched again?"

"stop that hurts." taehyung swatted yoongi's hands away.

yoongi chuckled before reaching out and grabbing the cat food from taehyung's hand.

"hey! i said i don't need your help!"

"jimin asked me to help you."

"and i told you twice that i don't need your help." taehyung said as he tried taking the cat food out of yoongi's hand.

"just let me help you, damn it!" yoongi tugged on the food.

"i said no!" taehyung tried tugging the food back.

"why won't you let me help you?" yoongi asked annoyed as he tugged harder on the cat food.

"because i don't need your help!"

yoongi was already holding tightly on to the bag, so when taehyung gave one last hard tug, the bag of cat food tore open, causing all the food to fall out.

the cats immediately hissed and stuck their paws out of the cage, obviously demanding their food.

taehyung and yoongi looked at each other wide-eyed. they heard jimin rush to the back where they were currently standing and looking at the mess they created.

"can you guys not get along for a simple task?" jimin asked, a bit of anger in his voice. "all you two had to do was feed the animals. that's it."

"jimin i-"

"stop taehyung, just please go wait at the counter with yoongi and help out the customers."

"this is all your fault, " yoongi whispered as they listened to their boss and made their way to the front of the animal shelter.

"shut up! you wouldn't let go of the bag!" taehyung whisper shouted.

"oh dear, what happened to your face?" one of the customers asked as soon as yoongi and taehyung approached the counter.

"he got scratched by a cat." yoongi quickly answered before taehyung could.

"was it one of the cats here?" the customer asked.

"oh no, it was a stray cat with white fur and striking blue eyes."

taehyung's eyebrows furrowed and he turned to look at yoongi in confusion.

how did he know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so i drove my mom to the food pantry the other day it felt nice to go out and catch the sun especially now since we've been in quarantine and it being spring

but anyways they sometimes give out a few other things that aren't food and this time they gave us a little sticky note dispenser cat thingy idk how to describe it but i included a picture below because it reminded me of this book so i had to share it with you guys