22.

kerrin | keri.

"Yo Keri." I stopped walking and turn to see Amir coming my way.

My eyes widened and I quickly turn around as I resume walking.

I'm sorry for being awkward. It's always like this when he comes around me.

"Yo, what's up? Where you going?" Amir asked, catching up to me.

I hug my books close to my chest and try not to look at him.

"I'm sorry, just, I gotta get to my locker so I could go home." I answered.

"Oh, my bad. I just wanted to see what's up with you." Amir smiled as I nodded.

He walked away and I watch until he was no longer in sight. While he was standing here, I should have confessed. But the way I'm feeling, it was too late. I guess I tell him when it's the right time.

I sighed and resume walking to my homeroom.

"Alright Ash, you don't have to take me home, Q can do that." I told Ashley as I unbuckled my seatbelt and grab my backpack from the backseat.

"Duh, I know that." Ashley laughed as I mush her head before getting out of her vehicle.

After we left school, we went to her mother's job. It's been awhile since I have seen Miss Pam. The only thing changed about her was her hair. She is still a beautiful lady.

Ashley honked her horn twice as I turn around to see her driving off.

Once she reached the end of the block, I walk up the stairs and open the screen door to Quinton's home as I knocked on it twice.

A few seconds later, the door opened and there stood Travis.

"Well, well, well! Look who's here, it's Keri Jeri." Travis teased as I playfully roll my eyes.

He stepped out of the house to give me a hug. He's been greeting me like that ever since I first came to their house. He use to have a crush on me as well but, stopped when he thought I wasn't into him.

"What's going, Ravi?" I asked, entering the place as I heard music coming from Quinton's room upstairs.

"You already know." He answered, laughing afterwards.

I went upstairs and stood in the doorway of his room. Quinton was sitting on the bed, playing on his piano while Bianca sat next to him as she watched.

She looked up and waved which made Quinton stop playing as he looked at me.

"Hey Keri." Quinton greeted.

"Hey y'all, what you playing today?" I asked, walking in and taking a seat on his dark blue bean bag.

"Same ole songs." Quinton laughed as he places his keyboard on the ground.

Since he was finished, I reached over and grabbed it.

"So, how was it?" Bianca asked, referring to my talk with Amir.

I was hitting random keys. I am not like Quinton, the only thing I can do in music related is sing.

"Shit. I guess I talk to him once I stop acting weird towards him." I shrugged my shoulders, answering her question.

"Aw Keri, I'm sorry it didn't work like you planned it would. I know you like him a lot." Bianca said as I nodded.

"Want me to talk to him for you?" Quinton cut in as I look up and shook my head.

"Alissa suggested that and I want to do this myself." I told him.

"Oh, well, you're right. Wait until you're finally ready." Quinton nodded, getting up.

"Bae, you want something to eat?" He asked, standing in the doorway.

I smiled and look at Bianca.

"You got some cheez its?" She answered.

"Yeah, what else you want? Want to come down here and see?" He suggested.

I switched my mouth around and laid back in the beanbag as my eyes avert to Bianca again. She looked at him then me.

"Keri, can you stop thinking like that!" Bianca laughed as I threw my hands up.

You just don't know what they be doing when I'm not around.

"Of course, I'll come with you." Bianca scooted off the bed and walk over to him.

"You want something best friend?" She turn, asking me.

I chuckled and went back to playing on the piano.

"Get me five of his fruit gushers, two ham & cheese hot pockets, three bags of hot funyuns, and a minute maid fruit punch."

Bianca and Quinton laughed.

"Ok, I'll get you a pepto bismol as well."

Quinton said before walking downstairs.

They already how I eat plus they have like a lifetime supply of stuff. So, it's not a bother to them.

I was becoming bored with the piano and decided to go downstairs.

I enter the living room and plopped down on the couch, grabbing the remote from the table as I turn on the TV.

I just watch until they came with what I've requested. I wasn't allowed to eat in the living room, miss Clarissa don't play about that.

I took a bite of my hot pocket then stuffing funyuns in my mouth.

I need to slow down, I'm eating as if I got somewhere to be.

I sipped some of my fruit punch and look at Bianca as she was feeding Quinton. I smiled. They're so cute, I don't care how many times ive said this.

It made me wish I had talked to Amir. If that went well, we would have been an item like them.

Be real.

Is this chapter crappy? 😂

I tried yall, I tried.

But anyways, let me hush.

There's more to come!

Lots of love. ❤