13.

bianca | bibi.

Bianca was asleep when the sound of her phone ringing awakens her.

She opened her eyes, rubbing them before sitting up in bed. She turn towards her nightstand as she looked at the caller ID which was Keri. She grabbed her phone off the charger and placed it on her ear after answering.

"Hey girl." Bianca greeted.

"Hey, oh, where you sleep? My bad. I see you tomorrow at school-"
She cut her off as she laughs.

"No, no it's cool. I can easily go back to sleep. What's up? How was church?" Bianca asked.

"Girl. I don't think I want to go back. My mom's friends are bugging."
Keri answered, sighing after her sentence.

"Oop, what happened?"
Bianca asked, grabbing her pillow as she hugged it to her chest.

Keri sighed and went silent for a few before explaining the event that was between her mom and her friends. Bianca shook her head once she finished.

"Girl, it always those type of church folks. That's why my mom don't attend no more." Bianca stated.

"Wow. I just want my mom to have better friends. Those two are the messiest and be thinking they're better than everybody. But what you been doing today? You're the luckiest to not go to church." Keri laughs.

"Girl. Even if I don't, I still love God. But I've been cleaning, eating, and watching my favorite shows. My parents haven't came home so I had the house to myself."
Bianca explained.

"That makes you lucky even more." Keri added as her and Bianca shared a laugh.

"I'm about to get out of these clothes and make me some noodles. I wish they were something else to eat. My mom have a pasta dinner but she warned me not to eat it. I almost did." Keri giggled.

"Ooh." Bianca laughs.

"Yeah girl, I stick with noodles. I hope tomorrow's lunch is going to be fried chicken. It's the best next to tacos." Keri said.

"Keri, you and food needs to get married." Bianca joked.

"Hey, where's the ring and where we going to be having the wedding?" Keri joked as well.

"Oh my God! I can't with you!" Bianca pinches the bridge of her nose as she laughed at her.

"Bianca!" She stopped in the middle of laughing when her mom calls her name from downstairs.

"Keri, that's my mom. I see you tomorrow at school. Love you." Bianca told her.

"Alright, tell mommy I said hi and love you more." With that, the girls exchanged goodbyes before hanging up.

Bianca placed her phone back on the nightstand, she threw the cover off her body, and got up as she walk to her door.

Coming off the last step, Bianca saw her mom in the living room along with a person who sat on the couch across from them. From the back, she saw the box braids and came to realization that it was Ashley.

"Here she is, Miss Ashley." Her mom pointed before smiling at the two and getting up to go back upstairs.

"Hey ash!" Bianca greeted with a smile as she gave her a hug.

"Hey girl, I am sorry for coming by so late. I know I should have wait until tomorrow but, three of my braids came out." Ashley explained, holding up the hair with a frown plastered on her face.

Bianca frowns but quickly smiled.
"No need to apologize, I can fix you up."

Bianca waves her hand, gesturing Ashley to follow her upstairs.

kerrin | keri.

"Hey Keri." Keri stopped writing from her notebook, turning her head and looking up at Alphonso who was in front of her desk.

She rolled her eyes and resumed writing.
It was a song that she's been working on ever since she got back into singing.

"Aw come on, K. Why you're doing me like that?" He asked.

Keri let out an irritating sigh, slamming her pen onto her desk as she narrowed her eyes at him. "Like you don't know. Alphonso, you got the nerve to be over here."

"Ok before you got violent on me, I just came to apologize for my actions last week." Alphonso confessed.

"Uh, I'm not the one who name is Bianca. But since she's my girl, I will accept it on her behalf." Keri told him.

Alphonso's brows furrowed in confusion, sizing her up and down.
"Girl? You gay?"

Keri switched her mouth and balled up her fist.
"Alphonso, get the fuck away from me."

Alphonso's eyes widened as he held up his hands, quickly walking away.

Keri watched until he was no longer in sight.
"Dummy." She muttered, resume writing.

"You almost gave it to him." Keri heard a familiar voice but didn't look at him.

Kaseem smiled, taking a seat next to her as he glanced at her before averting his attention to her notebook.

"You writing a love letter to me?" Kaseem laughs.

"Boy, ain't nobody crushing on you." Keri waved him off.

"Mhm, you know you a lie." Kaseem perched his lips at her.

"Kaseem, I'm not lying. I have told you that I liked you but you didn't give me a chance." Keri shook her head.

"What if I gave you a chance now?" Kaseem was closer to her face.

She stopped writing, taking her time to look at him.
"I don't think so." Keri rejected.

Kaseem stared at her and nod his head.

The silence filled between the two. It didn't stop Keri from writing cause she could careless. He waited so long. That love she had for him was no longer there.

The bell rings as it indicated the next period.
Keri closes her notebook and got up from her desk. She was about to walk out with the rest of the students until Kaseem grabbed her arm.

She glared at him.

"Just let me know when you're ready to be mine." Kaseem told her.

Keri glanced at his hand and snatched it out of his grip.

Thoughts?

Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and recommend.

Lots of love, Deanna/Dee. ❤