5.

kerrin | keri.

I was currently sleeping when I felt something on my cheek. My face scrunches up in confusion before opening one of my eyes to see Ashley hovering over me with a goofy smirk plastered on her face.

"Wake up, K. You got to get ready for school." Ashley informed.

She ain't got to tell me twice, I know what day it is.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

I was still so tired. I want to resume sleeping, even though my mom won't tolerate it. But then again, I can go to school and ask the nurse if I can sleep in one of those beds. She is real nice.

I turn my head to Ashley who was looking at her reflection in my dresser's mirror. Bibi did an amazing job on her box braids. That made me instantly excited cause tomorrow will be the day I'm getting my hair did.

Ashley turn around and fold her arms.
"What are you suppose to be doing, missy?"

I perched my lips and threw the covers off me.

I got up from my bed, yanking on one of her braids as I walk past her to my closet. I turn the light on, my eyes moving across my clothes. It didn't take me forever to get ready cause' I already know what I'm wearing.

bianca | bibi.

Luther Vandross played throughout my room as I slept peacefully in bed. I love listening to his music, whether I'm asleep or not. His voice is so unique to me. He's one of the reasons why I start singing.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door as I slightly open my eyes. I rubbed on them and wait for them to readjust before sitting up, throwing the covers off of me.

I look down at my grey leggings before standing up and walk to my door.

Opening it, my mom stood there with a bowl of oatmeal. By the scent, I knew it was my favorite. Raisin, walnut, and date.

I smiled and open the door fully as I retrieve it from her.

"Thanks."
I appreciated before eating some.

"You ready for your first day?" She asked.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

"Bianca, baby, I promise that you're going to have an amazing day. You're going to the same school as your new best friend." When she mentioned that, it instantly put a smile on my face.

"You're right. I shouldn't be nervous after all. I know I'm going to have a good day." I nod my head, gaining belief in my system.

My mom smiled and pinches my cheek.
"That's the spirit, Bianca."

She kissed my forehead and walk away from my door as I closed it.

Taking a seat the same spot, I played with my bowl of oatmeal while thinking about how's my first day going to go. I mean, I know I have belief and I shouldn't change that, just there were so many different scenarios playing in my mind. I won't see it until I get there.