~ Helping Trouble - Part 1 ~

A/N: This one shot was suggested by the asterous @Bee_Kidrauhl !
I am so sorry it's been literally a month (plus a couple of days) since I promised more one shots and then dropped off the grid again. I would give excuses, but I honestly just have a terrible habit of procrastinating and over stressing about how much I have to do lol. So, without further adeu, love you all, les go!

(Because of me only knowing few titan characters, I thought Cyborg and Raven were the two I should add for this story, knowing their personalities just a bit.)

-

After about three smack downs from the enemy (some major hacker) who apparently had great robotics skills- as he was currently remote controlling his giant robot from buildings away and seemingly controlling it with no issues whatsoever. Not even a bad WiFi connection had this man in its grasp.

"Man, when you said you needed some back up, I didn't think this was what was going to be on the menu!" Beast Boy exclaimed beside Nightwing, gesturing to the behemoth above them. One of the Titans, Cyborg, turned to look at him with a grimace.

"I know. We truly are sorry for having taken you three away from your own missions just to help us deal with our own. I'm sure with our combined powers we can take this guy down easy," he said hopefully.

"Might not want to expect that happening anytime soon!" The robotic voice bellowed above them, swinging it's fist for the 20th time that day, and slamming it into the wall beside them. They all jumped out of the way, landing strategically about the grass, far from each other as to not grab attention or stay in huddles. Raven, another one of the titans, zipped past them and attacked the robot from the other side, gaining it's attention away from the team. She didn't seem like she wanted to be very talkative with the new backup on their side, and Nightwing was quite fine with that. She seemed... scary, if that's the right word for it.

"Why not distract it?" Impulse's voice sounded over their mics, standing far off as if ready to race forward and attack at a moments notice- waiting for an order.

"Yeah, let's try that. Cyborg, don't worry, we've got you and your team's back," Nightwing reassured confidently. Apparently he had never been up against such great odds, that he never doubted his team for a second.. until it was far too late.

They discussed a momentary plan, of running and hiding, drawing him out and gaining his attention. Raven listened in as well, pausing every now and then to say her piece about the robot's tactics. In fact, the robot actually kept looking in a certain direction; south. Every time the fighting died down, it would turn, as if to check to make sure something was still there off in the distance. This grabbed both Nightwing and Impulse's attention, and Nightwing nodded to the speedster. Discreetly run in the direction he's looking, check every building. Every room. Find him.

As the team acted out their plan, Impulse snuck out of sight, racing to check every crumb and crack...

Nightwing hopped off the top of the huge robot, bringing it to flail and swipe at him. After a moment of running around, backflipping, slamming his escrima sticks into the legs and crevices that looked like weak spots, Nightwing finally caught a break when the robot went silent, stumbled backwards, and nearly crushed Beast Boy. Said hero was half conscious after a bad blow seconds earlier at the expense of distraction. Cyborg ran up to the robot and leapt up top, finally able to check for signs of an on-off button anywhere on it. With no luck, the hero soon backed off.

Raven herself stood silently, vigilantly peering at the metal man from where she lingered near Nightwing.

Nightwing took a deep breath in, finally able to actually catch his breath since this whole thing started, and inched towards her.

"So-"

"What?" She interrupted, slyly, slowly, but deadpanned all the same. She didn't turn to look at him, just watched silently under a hood that covered her eyes in darkness- though they glinted in the light of the sun.

"You want to talk about the mission, or is it something I'll find no interest in apart from that?" She asked, still not even giving him a glance.

Nightwing was taken aback for a second, and then curtly nodded his head, waved his arm, and said, "If that's the way you'd like it to be, so be it."

On his way, walking towards Beast Boy to check on his condition, he muttered, "That wasn't exactly.." he chuckled to himself, "very asterous. In fact, I think it was quite the opposite."

By the time he made it to his teammate, worry now overcoming him, Garfield had already stood himself up against a shaded wall and was holding pressure on his wound. When he noticed Nightwing approaching he smiled tightly at him.

"No need for worry, lead. Just a scratch or two. It's all for the win, eh? Speaking about that, what exactly happened here? I think I was knocked unconscious?"

Nightwing pointed at him with a shake of his head, "That's exactly the need for worry (for no reason I had an urge to have Nightwing nickname him green bean... haha..Nightwing doesn't do that. Maybe in another one shot later)- and yes, you were knocked unconscious. Seconds after, the robot just... deactivated.."

"Smells fishy to me," Cyborg commented from beside the huge robot.

"Yeah. I believe the battle is far from over," Nightwing responded softly, looking around the buildings surrounding them. He missed Cyborg's reply, "no, I literally meant I smell something fishy in here," as he tried to get a better look in the compartments of the bot.

It only took a second or two after this that Impulse came flying back into view with terrible news.

"He's- guys he's gone! I found him! But he was gone!"

"That's doesn't make sense," Raven muttered with, most likely, and eye-roll.

Nightwing, concerned, stepped forward to place a hand on Impulse's shoulder, agreeing, "No, it doesn't. Slow down and explain-"

PITAANG

A gunshot rang out.
A bullet ricocheted.
A cry of surprise filled the air.
And Richard Grayson fell to the grass, blood dripping onto the dewy green blades... and then he was gone.

(I believe this is going to be at least two chapters long. I hope dearly that I won't procrastinate on this one- and the other ones as well. Not to mention everything else ahaha.. okay thanks for reading!)
PS- sorry for that cliffhanger!