~The Tiredness Of Being A Superhero~

Nightwing's POV-

I trailed down the hundreds of crates, slow steps for each one as I did so. I had to keep quiet, otherwise it would probably ruin the mission.

Soon enough, though, I felt Bumblebee buzzing in one of my pouches. I quickly and quietly unlatched it and opened the peel, watching as the small yellow and black bee zoomed out.

I nodded as she did and she flew to her designation. Which meant it was almost my turn.

"Bumblebee, are you in place?" Blue Beetle questioned from his spot.

"Aye." Was her reply.

"Alright, get ready." I whispered, lowering myself down as I crept to the end of the last crate, slowly.

"Go, go!" Motioning for Bee to move in, I front flipped down onto Bane's back from the crate, causing us both to fall.

He was damn surprised! But that was the least of my worries.

I grabbed two smoke bombs, throwing them directly at his eyes and backing up as I snatched my escrima sticks from my pockets.

"Oh, kid you shouldn't have done that!" He exclaimed before being blasted in the back of his head by one of Blue Beetle's rays.

Bumblebee flew up to his nose and smirked as she aimed inside and shot about ten agonizing shots inside the man's nostrils.

I smirked. "Should I have?" Before rushing at him with my escrima sticks in hand and somersaulting before he could slam me into the ground.

I kicked him in the stomach before doing my signature handspring backward and slamming my foot into is jaw upward.

He spluttered blood and glared at me as he was about to make a move. I shook my head in disagreement and he had his own look. Anger. Perfect.

He started running at me, but before he could get there, Superboy was already lunging at him from his own crate and pushing him into the wall above.

A terrible crack sound rang through the crated area but it didn't faze me, along with the others. Speaking about fazing, M'gann shot past me, her cape/hood flying past quickly as she did so.

Superboy flew down and landed with a loud smash into one of the crates. M'gann following soon after with a still steaming mad Bane in her hold as she levitated him back to about 4 feet above ground and letting go.

He cursed loudly and dropped to his knees before slowly standing back up again. "Who's next?"

But before he could do or say anything else, a red and yellow flash zipped past him, flashing colors everywhere.

Impulse slid to a stop next to me and smirked. "Me!" And he ran at him again, beating the living daylights out of the overgrown man.

Just as I was about to tell him stop, he stopped himself and sped next to Blue Beetle with a panted smirk.

"Ready for more?" I yelled at him, causing him to snap his head and look at me.

"Oh, much more. You little blue brat!" He spat, glaring at me.

"Ha! Everyone says that to everyone nowadays...So you big fat brat!" A voice rang through the area and in came Beast boy, charging in the room as a rhino and running at Bane who then, before he could stab him, grabbed Beast Boy's horn and threw him across the room.

I scowled at that. "How rude of you." I stated, slowly starting to walk up to him. Circling him.

"No no, how rude of you for breaking into my building and then trying to kill me-"

"Kill you? Ha!" Impulse laughed, shaking his head.

"Oh no, we were never here to end you! We were here to bring you to Justice! Or well...more like Justice League." I smirked, glaring at Bane.

Bane, instead of fear, a look of annoyance crossed his face. "You've tried for years to catch me! As the dynamic-duo! And all the way till now!"

I tsk'd the man, putting my finger up. "No, no. You forgot. You just escaped. And not even by yourself!" I exclaimed.

Blue Beetle nodded and so did M'gann. "He's right!" Beast Boy proclaimed, walking in as his usual self.

"So. Are you gonna hand yourself over the easy way? Or the hard way?" Superboy asked from my right, a glare burning into Bane's back. No pun intended.

"No thanks. For either!" He started running and shooting at us.

"These villains'll never learn." I mumbled under my breath before darting off after him.

About 20 minutes later, Bane was back in Gotham's Arkham Asylum. And we were all heading back to Mt. Justice, finally...

Batman's POV-

I watched the security in the mountain. Tomorrow was Dick's birthday. His 19th birthday to be exact.

I sighed, watching as Nightwing and Robin plopped on the couch together and Robin started talking to his eldest brother.

"I'm bored."

"Yeh, well'm tired. Go mess with Impulse, please." Nightwing murmured back, his eyes slowly closing.

He was still in his Nightwing suit, and was almost already asleep.

Right as Robin rolled his eyes and stepped out of the room, I got up from my chair and walked to the Zeta Tubes, telling the machine where to teleport me.

I was soon walking directly into the Mt. Justice's living room, seeing a black and blue bird fast asleep on the couch with his legs and arms sprawled out over everything.

I smiled tinily before bending down, picking the boy up into a bridal style hold and turning around to walk out of the room.

As all of this was happening, I felt and heard Nightwing murmuring incoherent words and snuggling into me. I had missed this. Just me and Dick.

Soon enough, I was back in the batcave and walking up the stairs in my Batman costume. A thought ran through my head as I made my way into Dick's room. 'Should I change Dick into his civilian clothes?'

I carefully put the sleeping bird in bed and tucked the covers around him before backing out of the room and smiling at the sleeping figure. "Good night, Dick."

And just as I was leaving the room... I heard a tiny, "G'night.."