~ The Bite - Part 1~

A/N- Idea and storyline given by Nightwingwriter (this is a two-shot.)
This is a bit different from my usual one shots, but those of you who enjoy Vampire stories, here you go! (A little bit of whump may or may not show up). (Also, it's a big lead in with a cute game for the characters to play and hints of the future with it).
Enjoy! (this is 3354 words long, counting the A/N)

"You're blocking the view, Connor!" Impulse whined, bouncing up and down in his seat restlessly, trying to get a better sight out the window of the jet.

Oddly enough, THE Batman had gotten them a ride to their destination this time rather than letting them go on their own. This came as a rather interesting thing to hear from such a man that always told the youngsters they had to 'tough it up' rather than sit back in a seat and relax, letting an engine take you to where you want to go. So it came as a surprise that morning when Nightwing heard his father step into the meeting and announce, quite loudly, that he had a jet ready for them to fly them to Northern Montana.

"We aren't teleporting?" Nightwing had asked the older man before he had a chance to say anything else. Batman turned to him, a flash of knowing in his eyes, and then shaking his head, he smiled to the group.

"I'm giving you a break. You're flying this time. Relax and save your energy, because when you get there, this mission is going to be top priority and no-one is going to flake off the job."

Obviously, at the moment, they weren't exactly saving their energy. Impulse couldn't stop moving, shaking in anticipation. Bumblebee was talking non-stop about something to a giggling-nervously Blue Beetle. Superboy was groaning and shaking his head, trying to fall asleep against the window, and yet every time he tried, Impulse would bring up the excuse that he 'needed to see the view.' M'Gann was nearly hyperventilating at the thought of a tough mission that they couldn't take on, even though Nightwing kept assuring her multiple times that they had it handled and they've probably been in tougher situations than this upcoming one. Beast Boy was literally bouncing off the walls in hyper excitement, as if he were high on sugar and couldn't keep still for even a second. He had formed himself to become about 30 things already in the first ten minutes. By now, Nightwing had him down in a seat, still jittering nonsense like there was no tomorrow.

"Look, I understand the way you're feeling M'gann, and it's going to be alright," Richard said, smiling cheekily in order to calm her down. The martian smiled shyly back in order to keep herself calm as well, but it didn't work as well as she thought it would, and it was gone as soon as it came, her breath quickening again in panic.

"Hey, calm down. Look, remember when we found Connor? Our first mission together? That scared the heck out of us all and we survived it. We survived being caught, tortured, and we came back with him," Richard gestured to the annoyed young man sitting in a seat only an aisle away.

"I know, I know. I just... Batman has never given us a reason to ride on the jet before. Never. What does he mean we need to save our energy? It just makes me feel like I should panic more about an enemy we might not be able to fight the way he wants us to." Her hands shook and clasped together in worry. Luckily, it looked like she was calming down by the look in her eyes.

Nightwing stretched his clasped hands out and away from him like he was getting ready for a joke. He glanced mischievously at M'Gann and got a confused look back.

He slowly got up from his seat and looked at his phone, checking the time. It wouldn't be for another 6 hours until they would make their destination. He smirked. Just enough time.