Chapter 3: A Little Attraction

Beginne am Anfang

Once the man entered the hospital's entrance, Yibo looked at the clock: 6:50. Like the word 'cute' that was hidden in the far, far back of Yibo's mind yesterday, Yibo currently has a trail of excitement in the deep, deep part of his soul for when Dr. Xiao would visit him today.

When nine o'clock arrived, there was a knock on Yibo's door. "Good morning Mr. Wang." It was nurse Yu Bin.

"Where's Dr. Xiao," Yibo asked with a hint of disappointment that not even he knew of.

Startled by the sudden inquiry, Yu Bin took a moment to gather his thoughts. "Dr. Xiao will stop by in a little bit." Yu Bin answered, emphasizing 'Dr. Xiao'. "I usually obtain vitals and review the patient's progress first before he sees the patients," Yu Bin explained.

Yibo nodded his head in acknowledgment and let Yu Bin carried out his job. Nearing the end of Yu Bin's chart review, a light knock sounded at the door causing both males to look at the entrance. Without the haziness from the coma, Yibo was able to truly appraise Xiao Zhan as he took one step closer into his field of vision.

"Good morning Mr. Wang, I'm Dr. Xiao if you still remember from yesterday," Xiao Zhan greeted with his gentle smile.

"I remember." Perhaps Yu Bin was overspeculating, but he felt that there was more meaning to that reply.

"And Yibo is fine," Yibo replied without faltering his gaze.

Xiao Zhan was caught off guard by Yibo's sudden comment since given names were often used by family and close friends only. However, he remembered that Yibo was a celebrity and was often referred to by his first name so he didn't inquire about it.

"How are you feeling today Mr.W...Yibo," Xiao Zhan stumbled on his words.

Yu Bin took the opportunity to step out of the room since he felt like he was interfering with something.

"I'm feeling better."

"That's good to hear." Xiao Zhan flipped through Yibo's chart to see the nurses' notes. "Any aches or pain," Xiao asked as he approached Yibo.

"A little, but nothing too concerning."

Xiao Zhan smiled while trying to listen to Yibo's heart with his stethoscope. "Either you recover fast or you're one of those people who underplay their pain."

Not hearing a reply from Yibo, Xiao Zhan looked up to meet a pair of gentle eyes that seemed to have locked onto his soul. Unable to move his gaze, Xiao Zhan able to noticed a possible smile on Yibo's face...or maybe that was just his imagination.

"You are a good doctor, Dr. Xiao. You understand your patients well." Yibo's lips spread into an unquestionable smile.

Embarrassed by Yibo's compliment, Xiao Zhan found the strength to alter his gaze. "You're being kind Yibo. You've only been my patient for three days."

"Yet you make me feel at ease," Yibo replied as Xiao Zhan finished his words.

Startled once again by Yibo's words, Xiao Zhan was feeling muddled by this young man! Xiao Zhan cleared his throat then said, "Everything is looking good so far. We'll start some physical therapy for your leg pain and continue monitoring your concussion. Hopefully, you'll be discharged next week..."

"Will you continue to be my doctor for follow-up visits?" Yibo interrupted Xiao Zhan before he could finish his thoughts.

"Your Doctor is Zhuo Cheng and he will return next week. It's more appropriate if he follows up with you."

"For everything else, yes. But I would be more comfortable if you would follow through this incident with me, Dr. Xiao." Yibo emphasized Xiao Zhan's title in the hope of gaining a sympathy card.

Xiao Zhan sighed at Yibo's intent, "Alright."

Hearing the reply, Yibo tried to conceal his mischievous expression.

"If anything happens, the nurse will contact me. Otherwise, I'll stop by again before I leave for the day."

"Understood," Yibo replied, watching Xiao Zhan exit the room.

If Hai Kuan was present for this conversation, he most certainly would have recorded it for memory sake. In this short moment, Yibo has carried out numerous actions that only occurred in front of the screen as part of his job. Hai Kuan can guarantee that no other humans have received such treatments before. Not only did Wang Yibo expressed interest in someone that he barely met, but he also gave a compliment, smile, and even persuaded that person to essentially maintain contact!

The question now was; does Yibo knew and/or understood what he just did?