My Life Sucks, With or Without You {0o6}

A/N: Sooo... its been about 6 months since I uploaded and too make up for it, I hope this is long and good enough for you.

-Story Start-

I walked back into the hallway, thinking of where I should go next. This house was so big, that I just started walking in a random direction, hoping that it would take me to some place desirable. I walked past marble busts and old pictures, and I couldnt help but think about a museum. But that led me to thinking about times I had with my mom.

~FlashBack~

My mom and I were in New York for a piano recital I had at the empire State building. I was about 9 at the time and I was one of the world's most famous child prodigies. We had arrived at night the day before, and so it was our first day there. I begged and pleaded with my mom the whole plane ride to take me to the Museam of Modern Art and then to Central Park, but she just told me that those were trivial activities that we didnt have time for, due to my need to practice. But when we woke up that morning, she was in a surprisingly good mood, and after having breakfast at the Marriot, she told me she had a surprise for me. She took me onto the subway, where we saw people playing music. That whole idea was ludicrous to me because I could never understand why someone would want to be underground strumming a guitar all day. But when I heard the acoustics that the subway had, I undertsood their reasoning completely. We stopped to listen to every musician that played and we even gave all of them a few dollars. When we finally got on the train, I was exhilirated by the vibrating, and all the graffiti.

When we got to the Museum of Modern Art, I was awestruck by the art they had on display outside the Museum. It was glorious. My mom looked over at me and then smiled, then she took my hand and brung me toward the door. We went through all the exhibitions, and we took tons of pictures. That day wa the first in a while that I didnt feel like my mom was pressuring me into doing something that I didnt want to do or yelling at me for messing up. It was one of the few days that I could see that my mom truly loved me.

~ End FlashBack~

I swiped at the tears forming in my eyes as I thought about that trip. It bought back so many memories, good and bad, that I shared with my mom. Memories that I would kill just to relive again. And I honestly think that the sad part about my mothers death was that she brought it upon herself. Her lifestyle, the company she kept, the way she treated people - everything she did brung her one step closer to that night, and I think it was a shame that she couldnt see it.

You see, my mother was what you would call a high- class whore. She had many 'friends' that she would visit, sometimes leaving me at home by myself for days just so that she could make a 'business trip'. And me being the naive and sheltered girl that I was, I actually thought that my mom had a legitimate business. It wasnt until she got drunk one day and was yelling at me did I find out that she would sleep with government officials and sports starts and business men for money. But I wish I could say that was all my mother did. Because you see, while she was whoring herself, she was whoring me also. Not sexually though, but she was whoring my talent.

She would use her clients to get me to play gigs at places like government banquets and business dinners, until the word started to spread. This all happened around the time that I was 5, but by time i was 9, I already had won multiple prestigious awards. And my mom loved it. She loved the fact that almost everything was accesible to her. If she wanted something, she could either use her body or my newfound social standing to get it. And that included drugs.

My mother started using drugs shortly after I was born. Whenever I asked her why, she said it was because she needed something to help her cope with having to see my face everyday. And at times when she was feeling particularly nasty, she would say since I was such a huge disappointment, she needed something in her life that she could look forward to, and drugs was that thing.

If you cant tell by now, my mother was a complex person. She was one of the biggest snobs at times, yet she had her moments where she was the most down to Earth person you could ever meet. She was nice when she wanted to be, but she also had a terrible mean streak. She could be vindictive, and bitchy and mean to one person, but turn around and put on the sweetest smile you've ever seen. She was a gorgeous woman who could've gotten you to do anything she wanted you to, just by giving you a sweet smile and batting her eyelashes, but she could also give you one look that would make you want to piss your pants. She could be so violent, but then give you the most comforting touch. And I dont know why, but men were attracted to this. They loved that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde complex, and they found it exhilirating, which is probably why my mother took up the line of work she was in.

I loved my mom so much and I know that she loved me, though most of the times sh-

I was interrupted out of my reverie when I walked into something hard, like I wall. I looked up to see that it was Aerius standing in front of me, looking slightly amused. I hated the smug look that was on his face and I felt the itching to just slap it off.

" Watch where your going you prick!" I snarled at him. Although I knew that it was my fault that I bumped into him, I couldnt bare giving him one more thing to be self righteous about.

" Last time I checked Rayn, you're the one that walked into my bedroom and walked into me." He pointed out, looking very self satisfied as he said it. I actually didnt notice that I was in his room until he said it, but now that i looked around, it was pretty nice.

"BUT, why was your room door open if you were supposed to be getting dressed?" I questioned him back, feeling pretty good that I managed to pull that one off.

"I was just coming out to meet you, AND because of the fact that I have this whole floor to myself, I dont have to shut my door for privacy." The smirk on his face just got bigger and bigger until i let out an annoyed groan, acompanied with an eye roll.

"Let's go, you bum." I said, and I commenced pulling on his belt loop and dragging him downstairs and out the house. I was more than ready to go.

A/N:: I hope that its long enough!! comment and vote!