My Life Sucks, With, Or Without You

I have absolutely no idea where Im going but quite frankly, I dont care. I just wanted to escape the scene behind me. Then, i heard panting and footsteps behind me. I turn around and there he is.... again. Out of breath and coverd in his own blood and sweat. He looked quite pitiful, chasing after a girl that would rather not be chased. This girl, just wanted to be left alone.

"You dont know how to take a hint do you?" I asked. I was very annoyed at this guy and his persistence, but at the same time, kinda impressed that he hasnt given up yet.

" Apparently not, if Im still following you after you just beat the crap outta me." he said. The fact that he wasnt to proud of that showed in his voice. " You know I should call the cops and have you arrested for assualt"

Crap! i so didnt want this to happen. " But then you woulld have to tell them that you were stalking me and me assaulting you was a method of self defense" I swear I could be a lawyer. After I finish highschool of course. And college. And law school. Haha, like that would ever happen.

" Do you really think they are going to believe you of all people. The girl who is wanted for killing her mother? Because I doubt that very highly. As a matter of fact, they would probably take you down first, and ask questions later. questions that you wouldnt be able to answer of course. Not if you want to live."

The smirk on his face was unbelievable. The smirk that i once found kinda cute was now just really grinding my gears.

" You wouldnt." My eyes dared him to do it.

" And what makes you think that i wont?" I swear he has a permanent smirk on his face.

" Because i would beat your ass agian before you even get the chance to." That wiped the smirk off his face, if only for a brief second.

" You know how I told you I have something you want?" he reminded me

" Yea, by the way,what could i possibly want from you?"

" I was hoping you would ask that question. I can give you freedom. Freedom from all that you are trying to run from. Especially from your past. And freedom just so happens to be the key to your future."

The cocky grin on his face was just to much to handle. the fact that he knew so much about me was even more disturbing. But the fact that he had the freedom that i craved so badly, that flooded me with emotions.

I was on fire from the fact that he has freedom and he doesnt even appreciate it. He could roam the streets as he pleased, not having to worry about being seen by people, or the police. But I was ecstatic from the fact that I was being offered freedom. Something that honestly doesnt happen very often. But skepticalness and fear were the emotions that were most abundant. I was skeptical because I didnt want freedom to be dangled in my face just to be taken from me as i was gainig hope. I was afraid because I dont think I would know what to do if I had freedom.Ive been living within the boundaries that life has set for me for the past 2 months and I think that if I did get freedom again, I would just jeopardize it all over again.

The emotions and thoughts must have been evident on my face because after he looked at me he said " dot worry. I will show you the way. "

And then he started to laugh. He actually laughed. Granted he sounded like he was trying to draft me into his cult or something. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how stupid he sounded. I couldnt help but laugh along with him. That and the fact that his laugh was infectious.

" But really Im gonna protect you and make sure you dont do anything too stupid. If thats even possible. " His sincerity was heard but masked by his attempt to crack a joke.

" How do you plan on 'protecting me' when you dont even know my name nor do I know yours. And I know absolutely nothing about you. At all. So if your really serious about giving me freedom, you have to tell me some more about you. and make me gain your trust." I was quite serious about all this. No matter how much I wanna be free, I refuse to go off with someone who I dont know.

" Alright. But what are you gonna tell me about yourself? Im quite interested."

" Ill tell you stuff about me on a need to know basis. And right now, all you need to know is my name and age."

"Well go ahead. Im waiting."

"Ughh you prick. My name Is Raynee Dais. (Its pronounced 'rainy days') and Im 18. My friends call me Rayn or RD or just Dai."

" Interesting. Well My name is Aerius Arlo Crosse. People just usually call me Arlo. Im also 18. My mom and dad are rich and so am I. I work with the police to try and help get teenagers off the street. I can either turn them in or help them. And yes, the police does keep tabs on you. After I read your file, I decided your the one person that I want to take in and help. So lucky you. And you probably dont want to call me a prick. Wouldnt wanna jeopardize your chance at freedom. "

" Ughhh your a prick with a prick name and an unlimited amount of prick money. but anyway, where are we going sir?"

" Come with me Ms Rayn. I will show you to your new home."