John Dillinger #1

Start from the beginning

Three men were looting the room, stuffing vases and expensive-looking ornaments into a sack.

They were robbers.

I stumbled back and silently tiptoed into the kitchen. I grabbed the largest frying pan there was and quietly proceeded back to the living room.

I peeped round the door again, the men's backs were turned. I snuck up and raised my frying pan above one of the men's heads.

Unfortunately, the man turned around before I could bring the pan down on top of his head. The other two men pulled out their guns and pointed them at me.

"Drop your weapon and put your hands in the air. This is a stickup!" Shouted robber number one.

I didn't need to tell twice.

I reluctantly dropped the frying pan... accidentally onto my foot, causing me to wince in pain.

Robber number two went to the front door.

Then I heard police sirens wailing loudly. I was relieved. These robbers...bandits...whatever, were going to get arrested and I was going to get off scot-free (at least I thought I was).
Someone must've alerted them about the break-in.

"Boys, we've got company! Let's move it!" Yelled robber two.

Robber one hurried out the room, the loot bag slung over his shoulder.
"Come on doll, you're coming with us." Said robber three grabbing me by the arm slightly hard and pulling me a bit rough out the door and towards thgangang'swas notably a type of gremlin, which was badly painted.

I obeyed. I couldn't even bring myself to think what would happen if I made one wrong move. There'd probably be a scram. I shuddered at the very thought.

I got in the car and then the man got in beside me. There was already a driver behind the wheel, ready to get the hell out of here. The wailing of police sirens rang loudly in my ears.

Then the car roared and leapt forward like a lion.

Within minutes, we could no longer hear the screaming of police sirens.

"Outrun the coppers once again, we've never been caught yet." Cheered the man, who was sitting opposite me and wearing a black hat.

"Yet," I muttered.

Everyone in the car cheered loudly, except the man next to me, who unenthusiastically punched his fist in the air muttering in a bored voice "Yay." He didn't seem in any way excited, as I thought he would be. Looking carefully at him, I saw dark circles under his eyes. The poor guy looked exhausted, as though he hadn't slept in days. I genuinely felt awful for him.

He turned his head towards me. "You ok?" He asked. "You look a little green."

I felt a little green.
"Umm..." I answered, a little nervous.

"Don't worry, your safe with me. I won't let them hurt you. And if they do..." The man drew his finger across his neck. He pulled a funny face, as he did so, to try and make me laugh.

It worked.

I giggled and smiled, too which he smiled back and gave me a small reassuring kiss on the cheek when no one was looking.

I blushed. I couldn't handle this flirtatious behaviour.

"You're quite the charmer aren't you Dillinger? Chatting up a hot girl already? Nice. Shame you couldn't with all the others." Smirked a guy nastily, who was sitting in the corner of the car.
That was strange, I hadn't noticed him before.