A Luna's Nightmare (Part I)

Start from the beginning

Ashton's P.O.V.

How could she do this? All she had to do was trust me... I stand there in silence. I have failed not only my mate but my brother..

I toss the phone across the room and sit on the edge of the bed. I look around the room to see all of Yvonne's stuff just abandoned.. l look in the mirror across the room..

I am alone. I have no one.

Most Importantly, Yvonne is alone..

Why must she try to be so brave by herself..? She couldn't just let me be brave for her this time.

**KNOCK KNOCK**

"Come in."

I look up to see one of our pack members by the name Kirk standing in the doorway. "Alpha, the elders wish to schedule a meeting with you."

"Call a meeting now."

"Yes Alpha."

I must do something.. This is not the end.

I get off the bed and head to the conference room.

I sit in the front chair waiting for everyone to arrive. " You may all be seated."

I look around the room, "As you may all know by now. Rolando was a traitor.. He caused the death of your Alpha Dominick.. He will be executed before all of our pack and allies. Speaking of allies, they helped us to secure the victory in this war. Unfortunately, Alpha Jack is still holding our members and now our Luna."

I see hands rise, "Yes?"

"If I may speak for all of the elders Alpha.. We heard the Luna gave herself so that our members can be released and a treaty can be formed.. "

"Where did you get this information from?"

"Alpha, Alpha Jack has sent out invitations of a wedding.."

I stand up and put my fingers through my hair. "No this cannot be it. She is our Luna and we must get her back."

"Alpha with all respect.. I do not see the reason for attempting to get Yvonne back when she voluntarily went to his side. She was not kidnapped Alpha but she went on her own will. If anything she committed treason by leaving the side of our Alpha and going to another's. So if she does return she must be put on trial.."

"I suggest you stop calling your Luna by her first name! Would you like to be put on trial?!"

He drops to the floor, "Alpha please.. mercy.."

Elder Warren stands, "Alpha, I hope you will allow us to speak truthfully on this matter. For he is not wrong."

"Excuse me? Truthfully? Hm.. Well, the truth is you all planned for her to do this anyway and we were discussing it were we not? So, how would this be treason if she merely did what the elders suggested?"

"Alpha but we never came to a conclusion.."

"She is doing this for the benefit of the pack and you want to charge her with treason?!"

"Alpha, yes she is doing this for the benefit of our pack.. So I must ask you, why do we wish to fight it? Are your people not as important as your brother's mate?"

I slam my hands on the desk and grind my teeth.. My wolf is on edge and I can't tell how must longer I can hold him back from ripping his face off.

"Elder!! You watch what you say or else.. I don't know if you forgot that I am your Alpha!"

"Yes Alpha I know but if you could please just answer the question for us.." He sits down in his seat.

"You want me answer? Fine. My answer is that my people are the most important to me.. Our Luna is OUR people.. I hope you understand that. She is one of us, I didn't think I had to say that. It is obvious already for she has worked and cared for this pack nonstop.. When I was leading our pack for battle; she was here keeping everything together. She was up day and night helping the families, the wives, the children, the wounded.. She was helping us all. Yet you stand here and talk of her in such a manner.. She loves this pack and its people. That is why she chose to sacrifice herself!"