Forward (TEASER)

Recap:

I feel him kiss the top of my head, "I promise I will never intentionally do anything to hurt you."

I nod, "I know." I look up to his soft teary eyes.. he gives me a slight smile lifting his hand to my face. I feel his rough hand rub across my cheek..

He slowly moves his face down to mine to where are lips are nearly touching.

"Yvonne, I know you still love my brother but do you feel anything for me? Besides the feeling you get because we recognize eachother as mates.. but is there anything else?"

I close my eyes, "Ashton.. to be honest, I don't know. This heat is confusing and overwhelming me.. I just- I do care about you Ashton.. and appreciate all you do for me but I don't know if I love you the way you say you love me. I have feelings for you but I can't say I love you the way I loved Dominick."

"I'm not asking you to love me the way you loved Dominick. I am not him Yvonne. I'm sorry, I can not and will not replace him. I am a different man and I want you to look at me.. and see where your feelings lie for me."

"I promise you. I will take a step back and give you time.. I just don't want to hurt you.." He pauses.. "I love you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yvonne's P.O.V.

"What?" I look into his soft eyes, "Ashton."

He chuckles, "Shhh.. It's okay you don't need to say anything. Okay? I just needed you to know that."

I feel tears rolling down my cheeks.. I can see the pain in his eyes.. The pain I am causing.. 

His eyes widen at the sight of my tears and he quickly wipes them away with his thumbs as he holds the sides of my face.

"Yvonne.. Please don't cry.. What's wrong?"

I shake my head closing my eyes, Why do I only cause the people I love to be in pain...?

These thoughts flood my mind and I start to sob harder.. I feel my chest get heavy..

"Yvonne.. It's okay. Look at me.. Calm down.." I see a blurry version Ashton's face in front of mine. 

"I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry... " I mutter..

"You don't need to apologize for my love Yvonne.. Now please calm down. You're hyperventilating.. Take some deep breathes with me okay?"

I shake my head.. "Why do you want to be with me? When I am the reason your brother is dead! Your pack is the weakest it has ever been! And I just keep hurting you.. over and over!" I scream covering my face with my hands. 

I feel Ashton pull me to his chest swallowing my body into his. 

I let myself fall apart in his arms and he just kept holding me.

I just laid my head on his chest letting the sound of his heart  soothe me..

"Yvonne, I feel like we are going in circles.. we need to find a way to move forward."

I nod, "I want to.. I just-"

He breaks apart from me and looks down into my eyes. "Then move forward.. with me."

"How Ashton?"

"We will take it one day at a time.. together. Moment by moment.."

He kisses my forehead, "Come on. You need to get some rest Yvonne."