Demolition Lovers

Mikey took us to get some fast food for dinner, since neither of us had gotten to eat. We ate while driving because I was way too excited to get home and tell everyone that I had my memory back.

I don't remember the day of the accident or the accident itself at all. In fact, the memories I have right before the accident are all jumbled and I can't tell which one is the most recent. If someone were to ask me "what's the last thing you remember", I would answer with "falling asleep in my dorm room", but I wouldn't be able to tell you which day that was.

I already had decided how I was going to tell everyone, and being in true Christina fashion, it would be funny. My plan was also Mikey approved.

I threw open the door dramatically, my McDonald's cup still in hand. Gerard, Frank, and Ray were still in the apartment, watching TV. They all turned their heads to look at me and I put my cup down on the table. I faced Ray so I could begin my speech. I pointed at him.

Boy they had no idea what they were in for.

"Ray," I began. He raised his eyebrows and pointed back at himself. "One time, during your senior year, I let you sneak a girl into my house so you could get laid without getting caught by your parents."

I didn't let him say anything before continuing my speech. I pointed at Frank next. He smiled.

"Frank, you have C.L.R. tattooed right here," and I pointed to the back of my elbow, "right next to a pair of dice and you had me convinced that it was a reference to that stupid Center Left Right game. But come to find out that it's really my initials that you had tattooed after I tried to kill myself. Oh yeah, we're gonna talk about that in a second."

I turned to Gerard.

"Gerard, one time we were driving in a snow storm and I pulled over to help a lady who had spun out in a ditch. You got out of the car to help me push her car and you slipped and fell on your ass in the snow."

I turned to face Mikey next, knowing that if I was gonna call everyone in the room out, he wasn't safe.

"And Mikey," I took a step forward and leaned up on my toes. I kissed him passionately, and I heard the whole room gasp. I felt Mikey smile against my lips. I pulled away from him, smiling. "Finally got the girl."

"No fucking way." Frank yelled. He had hopped up onto his feet and was basically jumping he was so excited. Everyone in the room was smiling. Ray has moved to the edge of his seat and Gerard's jaw was hanging open.

"Way." I said smugly.

"How did this happen? I mean... your memory? You and Mikey? What the hell is going on? I don't even know where to start." Ray stuttered.

"Well, see, this is actually what we need to discuss. I remember the day I tried to kill myself." I told them bravely. Truth be told, I am quite pissed that none of them told me about that day. Everyone had looks of confusion and shock on their faces. They kept looking around the room at each other, waiting for someone to say something. I continued. "I just think it's funny how the one thing that made me remember everything is the one thing you guys purposely lied to me about."

"Chris we didn't lie to you." Frank said defensively. I took a step toward him, pointing my finger angrily as I did so.

"Well you didn't exactly tell me the truth either. Don't you think that was something important about me that I should've been told?" I said, my voice steadily rising to a yell. Frank didn't back down. He stood up straighter to look me square in the face.

"Why are you yelling? How were we supposed to tell you that? Huh?" He shouted back at me, which only fueled my fire.

"I don't know! You found it pretty easy to tell me about how me and Gerard's sex life! But when it comes down to the event that helped shape me as a person... you didn't know how to tell me. Funny."