Where Did All Those Years Go?

*Mikey's POV, three days later*

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I opened my eyes to see that it was dark outside. I looked at the clock on my nightstand to see that it was 4:51 in the morning. I decided to ignore the phone call.

Not even a minute later, it started to ring again. I groaned as I rolled over to grab the phone off of the nightstand. It's too early to call me.

I looked at the caller I.D. and saw it was Mama Ross. Something's wrong.

"Hello?" I said, clearing my throat.

"Hi, Mikey. Get your butt up to the hospital right now." She demanded. This is definitely not good. She sounded completely awake.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, no. The opposite. Something's great. Christina's waking up." Mama Ross said. I could hear the excitement in her voice.

I quickly got up and held the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I pulled pants on. I'm so excited that I feel like I've been awake for hours.

"I'm getting dressed right now. I'll wake Gerard up and we'll be there in 20 minutes."

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll see you then." She said before hanging up. I shoved my phone in my back pocket as I walked across the hall to Gee's room.

I pushed open the door and walked to his bed. He was sleeping starfish style. I shook him until he growled at me.

"Gee, wake up."

"Why?"

"Because we need to go to the hospital." I said, still shaking him. He swatted at me with his hand.

"Let me sleep. I can't wake up."

"Listen, if Chris can do it, then so can you." I said with a smirk. I wonder if he can catch what I just said when he's half asleep.

"Wait, what?" He asked, looking up at me. Yep, he caught it. I smiled.

"Put some pants on, Gerard. Christina's finally waking up."

***

We arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes later. Frank was already there.

He smiled hugely at us as we walked in to Chris's hospital room. The curtain was drawn around her bed so we couldn't see her. My hands were shaking with excitement.

"Hey guys." Frank greeted. I smiled at him. I heard Mama Ross say something, but I couldn't see her. She must be behind the curtain.

"Hi, Frank." Gerard said. "How'd you get here so fast?"

"I didn't leave last night. I fell asleep in the chair." He said. I can tell that Frank still feels bad for being in the accident with Chris, even though it wasn't his fault.

"Hey, guys." Ray said from behind me. I turned around to face him. "Bob's not coming. He has to work."

"Hi, so we're all here now?" Mama Ross asked, sticking her head through the curtain.

"Yeah, we are. Why's the curtain drawn?" Ray asked. I'm wondering the same thing.

"Well, when Chris wakes up, we don't want her to be overwhelmed by all her best friends staring at her." Mama Ross explained. She's always so cheerful.

"But, shouldn't there be a familiar face so she feels comforted?" I asked.

"Well, I'm here." She said. Feeling embarrassed, I looked down. Frank nudged my arm with his elbow.