Chapter 9: A Fierce Battle

The psychotic mercenary Anna Axis lunged at Lincoln with a maniacal grin.

Anna: YAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anna moves in to attack Lincoln, who dodges her but the sadistic mercenary doesn't stop as she continues to lashes out at Lincoln.

Lincoln: (Dodging) What is your problem lady?

Anna: (Attacking; Giggling insanely) Hehehehehahahahahahahaha... ohhh, a lot of things exactly but my main problem... is YOU!!!!

She fires a flame of light at Lincoln to incinerate him but he disappeared from the attacks position and reappeared behind Anna with a blade of light, ready to slash Anna but she counters with a blade of darkness.

Lincoln: Grrrr....

Anna: Hehehehe... What's the matter, linky? Aren't ya happy to see me or has years of being 'dead' cloud your brain?!

Anna pushed Lincoln back as she lunged forward to slash him but Lincoln caught the strike with his light blade. The two were crossing blades with one another as Lincoln dodges the next slice and hits a spinning kick, knocking Anna into a few trees.

Lucy and Alt. Haiku were about to help but Lincoln spoke.

Lincoln: Don't interfere, I'll handle this.

Anna was back on her feet, forming pulsar guns from her light and dark aura, shooting white and black glowing bullets at Lincoln, who was evading them.

Anna: Hahahahahahahahaha! C'mon, Dance for me linc! Ahahahahahaha!!!

Lincoln was dodging and evading the aura bullets, nearly getting shot.

Lincoln: Ngh! What is with this woman?!

Lincoln then ran towards Anna while dodging the bullet as he charges his light aura with both hands, getting closer to Anna as he fires a wave of light at her.

Anna smirks as she caught the light wave... by opening her mouth & swallowing the attack.

Lincoln: ....?!

Anna: Ahhhh~... Thanks for the aura... it's feels so gooooooood~.... (light and dark aura flaring up).

Lincoln: .....

Anna: C'mon... C'mon, don't just stand there, fight me!

She lunged at Lincoln with light and dark aura surrounding her as she fought Lincoln with tremendous strength.

Lincoln: (on the defensive; Thinking) She's a heavy hitter, better not underestimate her.

As the two were clashing with one another, Lucy appears behind Anna with a dark aura formed scythe and was aiming to take Anna's head off but she managed to push Lincoln away and quickly catches lucy's scythe.

Lucy: ....!

Anna: (grins) Easy large ass goth... I'm not after you but if it's a whoopin' you want...

Anna breaks the scythe and attacks Lucy, who was countering her heavy hits, Lucy then engulfed her body in dark aura as she took the fight to Anna.

Anna: Hehehehehahahahahahaha!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Hit me! Hit me! Hit me! Hit me!! Show your power to me!!!

Lucy: Dark World...

Absolute Darkness engulfed Lucy and Anna as Anna herself was in the middle of an endless void of shadows. Lucy delivers a punch to Anna's right side, instantly vanishing.

Anna: Gah!

Lucy hits another to Anna's gut before vanishing again.

Anna: Agh!