Chapter 8: An encounter with a ghost from an alternate past

In the isolated dark forest, Lincoln and Lucy returned to their new home in the woods which belonged to their alternate selves who fell at the hands of the black moon emperor but now these two siblings have been given these powers and trained by alternate haiku to become the anti-heroes of this world, the guardians of light and darkness.

******

The door opens as Lincoln and Lucy headed inside, closing the door behind them. Lincoln walks towards the living room and plops on the couch, taking out a black journal and a pencil, writing in it while Lucy and fangs went to the kitchen.

Lucy: Sigh... ya want anything from the fridge Lincoln?

Lincoln: (writing in his journal) Naw Luce, I'm good.

Lucy nods before heading to the kitchen and opening the fridge, taking out a blood steak and some blood drinks for fangs.

She heads back to the living room, sitting next to Lincoln on the couch as she places the blood drinks on the coffee table while fangs flew off lucy's head to the table to drink the blood.

Lucy cuts a slice of her blood steak with a knife and pick up a piece with her fork, eating the piece.

Lucy: Sigh... Exquisite. (Looks at Lincoln) Writing in your journal again Lincoln?

Lincoln Nods.

Lucy eats another piece of her steak.

Lincoln: So... how long until Haiku and her forces approach?

Lucy: (Eats another piece of her blood steak) in about 10 minutes... she had other assignments to attend to.

Lincoln: Uh-huh..

Lucy: Sigh... So whatcha writing in there?

Lincoln: Just thoughts of our time in this world, 13 years and counting. So far, it's been a grueling journey as learning these powers.

Lucy: Sigh... I agree. We've had quite the 13 years here, learned a lot about this world, the origin of light users and dark users taught to us by Alt. Haiku and the powers we possessed from our deceased alternate selves. And you managed to find out what you were good at.

Lincoln: Yeah...

Lucy places a hand on his shoulder.

Lucy: You're thinking about the others, right?

Lincoln: Yeah... through the past 13 years, I managed to find what I was good at... yet I didn't count on going to another dimension to do it...

Lucy: Sigh... it's okay brother, once our job is done here in this world, we'll head back home.

Lincoln: Heh, thanks luce.

Lucy slightly smiles as she gave her brother a hug.

Lucy: No problem.

Lincoln places his journal on the table as he got up went to the kitchen. He took a couple of things out of the fridge as he started to make his lunch. Soon, he was done making his lunch, it was an exquisite Philly cheesesteak sandwich.

Lincoln: (takes a bite) Delicious.

Then a noise outside caught his attention.

Lincoln: Hmm?

Lincoln puts his lunch down as he heads to the back door, opening it as he stepped outside. He looks around to see who or what made that noise but found nothing. Lincoln had a suspicious look as he then tries to feel out any aura of light or darkness... but there was no one in the area.