The Dragon & His Pain

Norvan would have made it to his post in time if it wasn't for his friend and accomplice, Hexvio. "Hey! Norvan, I got a question." Hexvio spoke as he blocked Norvan's way.
"I'm really in a hurry, Hex. I can't talk." Norvan tried dismissing the unspoken subject as he tried walking around him. Cutting him off, Hexvio got in Norvan's way of trying to leave yet again.
"Please? It'll only be a second." Lightly gripping his arm, Norvan yanked Hexvio's hand away him in annoyance and slight fear.
"I can't Hexvio. And you know why--now get out of my way!" Snapping at the purple haired man, Norvan pushed Hexvio harder than he anticipated; causing the young man the fall backwards as Norvan ran back to his post. With his lungs burning against his chest, Norvan made it to his post but he was too late as Malentine was already there.
A sharp coldness ran through Norvan's veins as the emotionless words left Malentines lips. "Arrest him." Turning around as a pair of guards ran at him, he sprinted to the exit of the garden but didn't get very far.
Norvan's arms were brought to his back ruffly, hoisting him to his feet as he glared at the person who attacked him, Norvan's mouth dropped. "Heh. I knew something was up." Hexvio smirked while dragging Norvan over to Malentine. "Under King Malentine's orders, he had me watch you after you called him out the room. I was also ordered to stall you if you weren't at your post until his majesty arrived before you." Kicking Norvan's back legs as his face collided against the stone pavement of the garden, Hexvio brought Norvan to his knees.
Norvan's shock filled eyes stared at Hexvio's malicious grinning face. "Why? I thought you were my friend!!" Norvan thought to himself as Hexvio dragged him by his collar against the ground. 'I don't understand? This was his idea! He was the one who thought of this plan to free Elbi, so why--?' Norvan's thoughts were interrupted when Malentine spoke, placing a hand on Hexvio's shoulder in obnoxious pride.
"Hexvio here, as been a precious puppet to me so far." Grinning, Malentine lowered himself to Norvan's level before speaking sadistically. "He told me a lot of interesting secrets." Gripping Norvan's chin, Malentine continued as he transformed his fingers to claws. "For example, he told me that you've fallen in love with a human." Malentine's malicious tone changed to disgust and hatred as he pushed Norvan's face away from his; leaving two permanent scars across his face. 
Malentine's posture and attitude changed as he spoke to everyone in the garden--even to Princess Astriana who hasn't left, waiting for Elbi who will never return. 
"Falling in love with a human, is forbidden in this Kingdom. If I so much as sniff a human scent on any of you...the outcome will be dire for you." Just as the words left his lips, Malentine gripped his sword and slashed a random soldier's jugular. Putting the sword back while Astriana screamed bloody murder at the sight before her.
Malentine yelled over her screams, staring coldly at every one of his soldiers and servants covered in blood splatter before his eyes landed back to Norvan, who had insulted him to grab his attention. "If I am to die, then at least answer my question!" Norvan spat, shaking in anger as rage seeped through his eyes. Norvan took his intense silence as an answer and continued. "What did you do to Hexvio? He's suppose to be immune to your power, so there's no way he would've betrayed me this easily!" He spoke as his teeth transformed to fangs, just before a soldier stomped their foot against Norvan's back and planted their foot against his head.
Taking the pain in, Malentine spoke in a bored manner as he turned around. "To put it simply for your low I.Q., I evolved my powers so that I may not only be able to control a persons mind, but also their will. Hexvio have been a perfect test subject for this." Norvan opened his mouth to shout something when Malentine continued to speak. "Bring him to the others." Turning his head to glace at Norvan with a knowing sinister smirk, he walked away while shouting his order. "Make sure you let him watch before killing him."
'Watch?' Norvan's thoughts terrified him as they chained him with the enchanted metal, several guards flying him down to a small village a two miles out from the sky kingdom.

Norvan's eyes widen at the sight before him--becoming paralyzed as he saw the lifeless bodies of the human women and children he once watched over.
"Keep moving you scum." One of the soldiers chuckled as they pushed his body further towards the screams of the villagers.
When they finally made their way to the center of the village, Norvan felt his stomach go queasy; soldiers he once laughed and shared meals with, even protected when they were out on the field...were murdering the villagers in a unpredictable matter.
With a whistle from the lieutenant, the men stopped. Everything was still as their swords hovered against the throats of unarmed children and elderly.
"Under the Kings order, this man is to be executed." The lieutenant smirked as he made eye-contact with Norvan. "But he is to watch everyone die first." Norvan dared not to shake at the coldness in his voice as they dragged him by the enchanted chain that bounded his wrists and ankles. "Wait!" The lieutenant shouted, causing the men to stop. "He isn't dying with that honorable hair, now is he boys?" All the men started laughing and agreed. "I think it's time to give him a haircut." As the men nodded, Norvan struggled to get out of their grips as they forced him onto the ground.
One of the men spoke as they drew their sword. "You deserve more than this, traitor." As soon as the words left his lips, the other soldier griped onto Norvan's long ponytail before cutting it with a sword. Norvan screamed in rage, the men laughed at him while stomped their boots against his back before grabbing the chain around his neck; hauling him up and towards a standing log. Before the men dragged Norvan up and onto the log, the soldiers loosen their grip on the chain that connected with his neck, but Norvan was furious that they not only disrespected him, they were enjoying the fact that killing all these humans was euphoric to them.
As they brought him to his feet, Norvan used the chain to his advantage; choking the soldier to his right, as well as stealing his sword. Using it to stab the throats of the other two that had walked behind him.
"NORVAN." The lieutenant screamed. Whipping his neck in a frenzy, his body movement stopped as the lieutenant placed his sword by the young females neck, Norvan's face fell in nervous despair. "This is the human, huh? The one who turned you into a traitor!?" The female opened her mouth but stopped as the lieutenant placed the sword closer to her neck. "Don't you fucking talk." He growled.
Gulping nervously, the young female spoke her last words; ignoring the lieutenant's last threats. "Don't you dare quit fighting." The young female's voice shook in fear as her eyes glazed over with tears staining her face, a depressed smile across her features.
"DON--!!" Norvan screamed, placing his arm out to stop the lieutenant, but failed. Slashing her throat with his sword, Norvan's silent screams engulfed him, deafening him as his mind went blank and vision blurred.