The Dragon & His Escape

Malentine stood with pride at how one of the Royal Houses; the House of Ziona, had been engulfed by his bright blue flames, taking a whiff of the bloodstained air that mixed with the fire.
"JELVA!!!" The red haired man with ruby eyes that dusted with white specks around the iris screamed. Tears flowed past his cheeks, watching the flames around the house entering through after he saw his lover, friends, and family's bodies surrounded in pools of blood.
Rupin's screamed till his throat became sore, trying desperately to crawl with his bounded hands and ankles to his lovers lifeless figure. The echoing sound of clicking heels filled the air other than the crackling sound of the manor turning into ruins.
Rupin's tear-stained face slowly looked up at the person who stopped next to him, controlling the blue flame around them. "Rupin Ziona." Gritting his teeth, Rupin glared at the blue-haired man with icy green eyes before him. Malentine looked down at the man next to his feet. "One of the purest-born descendant from our ancestors, it's really quiet a shame that your parents were killed." Malentine sadistically grinned, kicking Rupin over onto his back hard enough to make him cough out blood due to his injuries. "Along with your other siblings. They would have made perfect test subjects since all their powers were awaken--unlike you."
Trying his best to untie his bonded wrist, Malentine continued to toy with the unfortunate child. "Get it over with then. You destroyed this Dukedom as well as murder the others within--just kill me and get it over with."
Malentine barked an insane laugh, but stopped once he heard Rupin spitting blood onto his shiny white shoe. He sighed annoyed; lifting his blood-coated shoe and stomping down hard onto the mans face. "Do you have any idea how hard blood is to get off white? You should be grateful that I'm still letting you live." Scrunching down to his level, Malentine pitched Rupin's broken nose tightly; slowly tugging it back into place as he spoke. "I can't kill a precious test subject like you. Even now, just damaging your body is a damn waste of material." Grunting in pain at the sound of his nose popping back into place, Malentine smiled with hostility clouding his eyes. "Besides, there's a reason why you're still alive, and that--." Squeezing Rupin's cheeks tightly with one hand, Malentine smiled. "Reason, is why I'm going to have fun dissecting you."
Baring his fangs at the blue haired man, Malentine quickly overpowered Rupin with shear force. The soulless eyes of his lover the last thing to be imprinted in his mind.

'Ack! My head.' As Rupin tried to press his hand against his head, they stayed still. Scrunching his eyebrows in confusion, panic seeped in as his vision started to come back while looking around the room. He tried to break free from the metal clasp around his wrist, but failed. No longer having the energy to barely pick his head up.
His eyes wondered around the room when he noticed certain medical instruments covered in dried blood. Suddenly shivering at unpleasant thoughts rising, he heard footsteps approaching as quickly as they stopped, the door making a creaking noise as it opened.
Rupin instantly closed his eyes and calmed his racing heart, a stern voice speaking after a moment. "Hmm...it seems that the subject is still unconscious. All vitals seem to be normal, but I unfortunately cannot conduct the experiment until it awake."
Trying not to bite the inside of his cheek to blow his cover, Rupin kept pretending when he heard a soft and delicate, yet icy female tone. "That's all right, you can leave. I'll stay with him for the time being."
"I don't think it'll be fine with your father if I left the test sub--."
"I told you to leave and it isn't optional. I can be here with him whether he's unconscious or not. My 'father' only cares when he wakes so he can torture the man while awake." Forcing the shivers that crawled up his neck away, Rupin tried not to show any emotions as he heard a sigh.
"I understand milady. But I must say...you are becoming more and more like your father." As the scientist slammed the door behind them, the soft voice sighed annoyed, muttering to herself.
"I am nothing like that monster." Shaking her head, the young fifteen year old pulled a chair next to Rupin, sitting down while staring at him curiously.
Gazing at his blood red hair and light tan skin, she felt compelled to run her fingers through his hair as an attempt to calm both their nerves when she stopped, Rupin "struggling" to open his eyes. Placing her hand on her lap, Rupin blinked a few times to sell his act before moving his eyes at the young women next to him. Their eyes met, the long white haired women smiled sympathetically at Rupin as he tried to break free again; but to no avail.
"You shouldn't strain yourself so much, you may have physically healed, but your energy is still very low." Ignoring her advice as he tried over and over again, the young women leaned her chin against her hand that rested on the chair. 'His eyes are like fire mixed with some white around his iris, is this how the pure-bloods looked? It's so unique.' Mentally shaking her head, she smiled sincerely after letting out a breath. "I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, I'm here to do the opposite. You may call me Elbi for now, I'm here as your personal doctor until your energy and injuries are fully healed."
The feeling of dread washed over Rupin as the events of perhaps earlier today popped into his mind; causing his tan skin to lose color thinking about his family and friends, his Dukedom and...Rupin let a tear slip by, cursing under his breath and flinching away when he felt Elbi's hand wiping where the tear left a streak.
"I'm sorry. I truly am. If I had known about this, I might've been able to send word for you to flee before.." Rupin's eyes widen in shock as Elbi wiped a single tear from both her eyes away, but he still didn't know if he could trust her.
"Other's of my kind are still out there in hiding, why must it be me? Why must my family die for some sick experiment." Elbi's frown stayed longer than he thought, was she really blaming herself? Or is this a trick? Just as Rupin was about to snap at her, Elbi bowed apologetically.
"It's because your blood is of our ancestor's. You are also younger compared to your family, so he knew your powers have not fully bloomed yet, but at it's peak. So, that monster would most likely try something to awaken them sooner rather than naturally. I overheard him speaking with the head scientist that he'll extract your powers but I don't know how."
Grunting at the sudden information, Rupin sighed before lightly hitting his head against the table. "He's going to kill me once he gets what he wants."
Placing her hand on his pinned shoulder, Rupin stared up at her icy greenish-blue eyes; looking at her confused until she gave him a closed eye smile. "I promise I won't let that happen. Get some rest, I'll try to stall as long as I can." Elbi began to walk away and out the doors, leaving Rupin to wonder if she would keep her word.

Rupin had lost his sense of time, there were no windows nor clocks in the room he was trapped in. He couldn't tell if it was night or day, or if its been hours or days. It was as if the room was design to keep the person from thinking straight.
Elbi had delayed Rupin's "treatment" just as she said she would, but the scientist were able to get blood samples when Elbi was not around. Which turned to the worse for Elbi's plan. Just as his eyes were about to drift off due to sleep, the sudden noise of a door opening and feet rushing in caused Rupin's body to be put into "flight or fight" mode as he saw two male dragons unbinding his wrist and ankles.
"We don't have much time before he realizes, so we have to move quickly."
Looking at the two confused, Rupin refused to move an inch further towards them. "I'm not going anywhere until you explain who you are."
"Dude!" A tall male with bluish-green eyes and short white hair spoke. "There is literally no time for this!" Rushing through the door suddenly was Elbi with a blue bruise on her cheek. "Are you okay? What happen." The white haired man ran up to her, grazing the bruise only for her flinch.
"I'm fine, I'll heal it later. But why haven't any of you left yet Edgar?"
Sighing in annoyance as Edgar pinched the bridge of his nose, he shot his thumb over to Rupin. "He didn't wanna leave."
"Oi! I didn't want to leave not knowing what was going on."
Seeing Elbi's face stained with a bruise hurt Rupin's pride. "Sorry Rupin, but you have to go. It's a...a breakout I suppose?" She really was just trying to help him. Rupin felt terrible for thinking that she was against him. "I know where they took the blood samples, Norvan and I will destroy them and meet up with you at the rendezvous." Elbi spoke quickly as the group made it out the door. "Hexvio, Edgar...if we're not there in time--."
"I'm not leaving you with that sadistic monster." Edgar glared at the thought as he spoke.
Sadly smiling at him, Elbi hugged the tall man quickly, urgently pushing him away. "Alright fine, but you have to go now before it's too late." With a force nod, Elbi and the man with medium-length black hair; Norvan, ran in the opposite direction the three were heading.
Making their way to the rendezvous point, Edgar gave a sheepish smile while placing a hand to the back of his head. "I apologize for my sister, she couldn't heal your energy too quickly because that would've gave them a sign to start experimenting on you sooner."
Chills ran down Rupin's spin, not wanting to think about how that would have turned out for him without Elbi's help.
"We were thinking of escaping from this place before you arrived, but knowing how capable he was, we couldn't just stand back and leave you here."
"I should thank you for staying behind, but I feel bad." Meeting up with two soldiers who gave a three finger salute to Edgar and Hexvio, Rupin's breath hitch in his throat at the view as his eyes adjusted to natural lighting.
"We're waiting for Norvan and Elbi, they should be here soon." The two soldiers looked at each other, a knowing look glinted in their eyes before nodding at Edgar.
Time flew by quickly, Norvan and Elbi nowhere to be seen. The two soldiers looked at each other again, looking at Hexvio when he nodded in response. The soldiers grabbed hold of Edgar before dragging him off towards the edge.
"What do you think you're doing?! We have to wait for Elbi!!"
"I'm sorry, my prince. But this is Elbi's order." Hauling Edgar up by his moving ankles and wrist; he roared in rage while trying his best to kick his way out when the soldiers threw Edgar off the cliff. "I'm sorry for this Rupin."
Rupin's mind couldn't process what was happening quickly enough, he felt paralyzed as Hexvio dragged him while explaining.
"Elbi and Norvan disabled the protective barrier surrounding this place, but it won't last. The barrier won't be activated for another two minutes, since Elbi isn't here it means something happen but we're not sure what. She ordered us to get you and Edgar off if she hasn't made it back by now. I need you to listen to me because this could save your life."
Just as the two were at the edge of the cliff, Hexvio faced Rupin; grabbing hold of both sides of his shoulders as Rupin looked at him like a madman.
"You're going to jump off, or we're going to push you off. Either way, Elbi wanted me to give this to you." Handing the pouch with a necklace lace, Hexvio secured it around Rupin's neck. "Drink the potion inside only after you're on the ground. Once you do that, you have to read the note inside. Can you do that for me?"
Still unable to speak from shock, Rupin nodded unsure.
"Good. One other thing--don't scream. Give my regards to Edgar if you see him, he's going to be really pissed off with me." With a smile, Hexvio pushed Rupin off when he didn't move, turning around and going back to work as Rupin stared at the palace moving further away.

The barrier that consumed the Sky Kingdom of Nuages reappeared just before Rupin made contact with the ground. Landing with a hard 'thud', a low thundering roar boomed throughout the lands; looking up at the Sky Kingdom, Rupin hurriedly opened the pouch and took the potion that was in it. Feeling his mind buzz, Rupin gasped loudly as he stumbled up, his field of vision blurring as a sudden rush of vertigo overwhelmed him.
Blinking rapidly, he took the note and began to read it.
'Rupin Ziona, the potion you've taken gave you a temporary increase to your energy. Use it and get as far away from Nuages and the villages near. Take this small sum of money for your travels and to get a new I.C.C with a new name. Repeat the spell behind this note aloud and all evidence of this notes existence will be gone.
With worries, Elbi.
P.S: This locket was in your rightful possession, I see it fair to return it to its owner. '
Confused, Rupin rummage through the pouch before his breath hitch, tears slid down his eyes as a smile crept its way to the corners of his lips. Quickly putting the item away, Rupin read the spell and watched as the note burst into flames. Searching for the one who came down with him; Edgar, he was no where to be seen.
With another roar escaping through the castle walls, Rupin wasted no time as he began to run and hopefully start his new life.
After Rupin had ran through three villages closest to the Sky Kingdom, he found his way over to a train station. Going towards the train booth, he asked for a one way ticket as the lady with long pink hair and orange eyes raised a brow at him. "I.C.C."
"W-what?"
Looking at Rupin suspiciously, the women placed her bookmark in her book and closed it, giving Rupin her full attention. "I need to see your Identification Creature Card. Otherwise I can't give you a ticket."
Searching through his pockets and pouch, he gave the women a sheepish laugh. "I seemed to have misplaced my I.C.C. But I can assure you ma'am, my names Draon. Draon Zapin." Cringing at the word "ma'am" he gave her, Rupin smiled kindly at the women as she sighed.
"Fine. I'll give you a ticket because you're cute, but make sure you have your I.C.C. next time okay?" Nodding quickly while the women stamped the ticket and Rupin handed her the money, he took the ticket and went to his train as the last minute call sounded throughout the station.