kyungsoo wasn't supposed to speak to him like that.

"how am i the asshole here?" baekhyun questioned, he knew he couldn't possibly be an asshole; he had sacrificed so much for kyungsoo and right now he wasn't feeling as though the male was exactly returning the favour, "you're the one with the knife right now, you're the one that hit me with a stupid log."

"you won't do anything because you know i'm right. you just don't want to admit it." baekhyun said, his eyes frantically scanning kyungsoo's blank face, "deep down you know we're the same."

"you're just scared, it'll pass—"

"i'm not like you, baekhyun," kyungsoo's thick brows furrowed, "you want me to be scared, you want me to be a mess."

"no, i don't," baekhyun scoffed, "i just want you to understand." he decided taking a softer approach would be more appropriate; especially since kyungsoo was the one with the knife.

"i can give you everything you want, i'll do anything for you, kyungsoo," baekhyun began, "please. don't leave me because of one little mistake."

baekhyun didn't see it as a mistake; mistakes couldn't give him someone so special. but if it made kyungsoo feel slightly better, baekhyun guessed he would just have to play along.

he gently brought his hand up to kyungsoo cheek, frowning as he flinched.

he couldn't understand why he was scared.

"my sweet kyungsoo," he sighed longingly as he brushed the male's hair from his face, "we're going to get through this—"

baekhyun look down when he felt the brush of something at his lower stomach, shaking his head with a chuckle at the sight of the knife aimed at him.

"you can't." he said with a smile as he looked back up at kyungsoo.

he never saw kyungsoo as the type to suddenly act, he always observed him as collected, having his thoughts all together before doing or saying something.

he knew kyungsoo couldn't do this. he didn't seem like the type.

"i can."

an audible gasp left baekhyun's mouth at the sharp sting coming from his lower stomach, his wide eyes looked down at the knife stuck in him, his mouth hung open, "w—why did you do that?"

he looked back up, his eyes desperately searching kyungsoo's. baekhyun thought he knew him better. he thought he could tell every inch of him apart; his thoughts, feelings and emotions.

but this wasn't what baekhyun thought would happen.

"i liked you, i really liked you." baekhyun's voice was filled with disappointment; he was convinced he could talk kyungsoo out of this, he didn't think the male would actually do something like this.

he watched kyungsoo look down, his stern eyes softening as what he just did finally sunk in his mind.

he just stabbed baekhyun.

"no, no! kyungsoo don't—" baekhyun words were quickly got cut off by a pain filled yell as kyungsoo pulled out the knife. baekhyun clutched onto his wound, the crimson liquid seeping from his fingertips and landing on to the thick snow below his feet.

"your not supposed to pull it out!" baekhyun screamed at him, "do you not fucking know first aid?!"

"shit," kyungsoo stepped back with the bloody knife in his hand, as he thought on what the hell he should do, he couldn't just leave him here, "just stay here, i'm gonna run to the house real quick."

baekhyun was surprised kyungsoo wanted to help him. his heart was thumping at the concern in kyungsoo's eyes as he noticed what he did.

kyungsoo felt bad. baekhyun wanted to smile at that but the current pain from his wound wasn't helping the moment feel complete.

he knew kyungsoo stabbing him was bad, yet why did it bring him a small hint of joy?

his head darted back when kyungsoo was out of sight.

would he even come back and help him like he said?

baekhyun wasn't sure. he was beginning to think he shouldn't be so sure on kyungsoo. he wasn't as readable as other people; he was too surprising.

what if he called the police?

that thought was enough for baekhyun to begin to walk away.

he'd go help himself. he couldn't trust kyungsoo anymore; but maybe the feeling was mutual.

his ears quickly perked up at the sound of a car driving closer, he quickly sped walked to catch the driver's attention, holding his hand out to wave them over but they drove by.

he let out a frustrated groan, why didn't they stop for him?

he looked down at his white shirt, the deep red stain growing bigger and it didn't help that his hand was currently dripping with his own blood as well.

maybe he did look a bit sketchy.

but he had to distance himself from kyungsoo.

who knew what he was going to do when he got his house?

baekhyun didn't think it was to actually help him now and the thought made him frown.

he leaned onto the closest lamppost for support, it was getting harder to walk. his eyes looking down the street at the sight of a pair of headlights in the distance.

it was christmas day, he didn't think another car would drive by; he didn't know how long he'd have to wait for one.

and this one didn't seem to be slowing down for him either.

with a loud groan he braced himself as the only idea came to mind; it seemed somewhat sensible — jumping in front of a moving car.

but baekhyun soon regretted that idea, especially when he met the cold, hard ground. yet it worked in the end, the car had stopped for him, the driver's concerned questions muffled in his ears.

he looked down at his wound. it was hard to tell, he didn't know if he imagining things, could a stab wound cause that much blood?

he wanted to reply, to demand the driver to take him to the hospital or somewhere other than here but he didn't have the energy; everything was too dizzy and slow for him.

before he could utter a single word everything went black.