pt. 23

baekhyun's dark eyes scanned the vacant street as he stepped forward through the blizzard. he could barely see a thing throughout the thick clumps of snow falling from the sky.

he was trying to stay quiet, but it was hard.

his mind was rushing with so many thoughts. he wanted to get his anger out on something or a certain person; he wasn't exactly sure on which.

"c'mon, kyungsoo!" baekhyun shouted out, "you're the one with the knife here, i'm not gonna hurt you!"

baekhyun wasn't so certain on what he said. he'd been good with controlling himself — knowing what he was going to do next.

but right now, he couldn't.

his fists clenched as he continued onwards, looking down at the footprints in the thick snow below him, kyungsoo couldn't be far.

baekhyun stood still under the street lamp, his eyes locking on the figure looking right at him.

he wondered why kyungsoo stopped running, baekhyun thought he would've been out of the street by now.

he tried his best to read his face like he always did. he could normally know what kyungsoo was thinking or feeling when he looked at him but right now he couldn't.

he furrowed his brows slightly, "let's just talk." he didn't think it would work anyway, he just had to get close to the male; make him trust him.

"i don't think you understand why i need you here—" baekhyun began.

"so you don't go to prison." kyungsoo scoffed.

that was a valid reason.

baekhyun took a step forward as he continued, "you're special to me, kyungsoo," he let out a deep sigh, his foggy breath clouding the cold air in front of him, "you're so very special."

"god, when you're at work, when you're away from me is terrible. i hate those days," baekhyun continued stepping closer with each word that left his lips, "it drives me mad, i get this tight feeling in my chest when you're not around and my mind is always thinking about you."

"i need you." he finally said as he stood still in front of the wanted male.

he pursed his lips at the bitter silence, trying to bite down the current anger boiling deep down, he just threw his heart out in front of kyungsoo and the male wasn't doing anything; hadn't fallen for him like baekhyun had imagined.

"say something, kyungsoo." baekhyun said through gritted teeth.

silence followed baekhyun's comment as he looked at kyungsoo, growing even more irritated when he couldn't instantly know what kyungsoo was feeling right now; his eyes didn't hold his normal glimmer, he couldn't recognise them.

"what do you think is happening here?" kyungsoo began exasperatedly, the knife in his hand glistening under the street lamp.

baekhyun was caught by surprise, he wanted to reply but he had no clue either. he just didn't think it would be like this.

"that'd you'd be okay with it."

"why would i be?"

baekhyun frowned, "because you're special, you're supposed to be different."

"god, just listen to yourself here, baekhyun," kyungsoo sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose out of frustration, "you're such an asshole."

baekhyun's brows furrowed at that comment. kyungsoo had never spoken to him like that before; it hurt him a lot, but it mostly made him angry.