She eased herself from the bed and lifted her arm from around Mia's shoulders being careful not to disturb her.

She stood, and stared back to the tiny girl, smiling fondly.

She really was the most perfect little girl and Blake adored her with every fiber of her body.

And so, pressing a hand to her abdomen, she padded quietly across the room, pausing at the lightswitch and throwing Mia one last look.

This was different to the little boy's bedroom back at the house right?

It had to be.

For Mia was here, alive and well, and with an entire factory full of people to look out for her.

This didn't have to have the same fate.

And so, giving one last gentle sigh, Blake switched off the light, stepping out into the hallway and pulling the door shut behind her.

She lingered for a moment, before heading into the next room, to find Negan coming out of the bathroom, doing up his pants zipper.

"Beansprout alseep?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her, but Blake was not listening.

Instead, her eyes were on the white crib sat now in on the far side of the expansive room next to their, now-shared, closet.

Negan swiftly followed her gaze, strolling across the room towards her. "Got Dwight an' Gary to set it up over there until we think of where we want it it permanently. Rest of the shit is in the bathroom." And with that, he cocked a thumb over his shoulder at the open bathroom door behind him.

But Blake didn't answer, feeling tears suddenly well at her eyes as Negan offered her a look.

"Damn hormones again?" he asked.

But Blake shook her head, glancing up at him at her side now.

"No, I'm just happy, "she murmured.

And she was. More so that she had ever been before.

Life was coming together for her, and there was a chance that this was just the start of everything.

Something good.

Something real.

Her hand was still clutched to her stomach warmly.

Blake was only a few weeks gone but it was as though she could feel this little life growing inside her day by day.

She didn't even have a bump yet, but each morning that she studied herself side-on in the mirror she could swear that she had gained a pound or two on her stomach and knew that in no time she would be swollen to the size of a beached whale.

But that didn't frighten her now.

In fact, she was excited at the prospect of what was to come. And seeing the crib here in their room like this, only made things feel more real. And more right.

"And I think it looks perfect there," she commented now, feeling Negan's hand slide down her spine..

He looked to her, before glancing back over to the piece of furniture, smiling.

"Yeah?"

And Blake gave a nod, letting a satisfied sigh leave her lips.

"Yeah," she agreed gently, giving his side a brush with her fingers before sliding away from him and padding over to the large four poster bed behind them, kicking off her shoes and easing herself back onto the soft mattress.