And most importantly, they had been saved.

With Blake finally doing what Negan hadn't managed to do.....and saving these people...

....without her even realising she had done so.

It didn't take long for Mia to finish her dinner, with Blake tidying up after her as much as possible, tracking down stray peas that had rolled halfway down the long table, to save the poor cleaners having to do so later.

"You ready for bed, baby?" asked Blake, watching out of the corner of her eye, as Mia gave a huge yawn, her mouth forming into a perfect o-shape.

Mia nodded, as Blake got to her feet, picking the little girl up and easing her onto her hip.

"I scheelpy," said Mia, yawning again as Blake gave a gentle smile.

"Well, me and Negan have got a surprise for you before you go to bed," she said as they left the busy room, heading into one of the dark and gloomy hallways, going in the direction of the third floor.

Mia turned her head around, placing a sticky hand to Blake's shoulder, her fingers curling into her long caramel hair.

"A shpwise?" she asked curiously, as Blake merely smiled, remaining silent as they walked up the large metal staircase, until they reached their quiet floor.

The hallway was empty, save for a familiar tell-tale light emanating from beneath Negan and Blake's door at the far end of the corridor.

But Blake passed their room, heading instead to the room next-door and flipping on the light-switch, revealing Mia's new perfectly made-up room.

But the little girl gazed around slightly disinterestedly, before turning back to Blake again.

"I schleepy," she repeated, her little head dropping down onto Blake's shoulder, causing Blake to give a laugh of bemusement.

"Well this is your new room, baby," she said in a sweet voice. "You like it?"

At this, Mia picked her head up and looked around, staying quiet for a very long moment.

Blake paled a little. Oh gosh. What if after all their hard work Mia didn't even like it?

But after what felt like an age, the little toddler finally spoke.

"I laik burds," she said, pointing to the lampshade covered in brightly-coloured birds that hung from the ceiling just above their heads.

The blonde woman smiled gently, carrying Mia over to the teeny bed nestled in the corner of the room and dropping her down.

"I know you do," she uttered in soft tone, pulling back the covers and tucking Mia in.

But the tiny toddler stared around.

"Bwake an' Eggy shtay wif me, yea?" she asked in a worried-sounding voice, which caused Blake to purse her lips.

Mia was used to sharing Blake and Negan's king-sized bed, so there was no doubt it was obviously going to be strange to Mia to sleep alone, probably for the first time in her short life.

"Let's get you tucked in properly and read you a story, huh?" said Blake soothingly, brushing back Mia's brown hair, before settling down onto the small bed beside her, pulling a book from the stack neatly piled beside her bed.

And to her relief, Mia didn't argue, merely snuggling herself close to Blake, as Blake began to read.

It didn't take long, maybe five minutes for Blake to slow her words and lower her voice, peering down to find Mia sound asleep.