xvi. roll over beethoven

Start from the beginning

Amanda smiled and waving back to her awkwardly before making her way over as well. "Hey, guys."

"You can sit with us if you want, there's a space beside Betty," Lorraine offered.

Realizing it would be rude to say no and she needed to stay close to her at least to benefit Marty and her getting out of here together, she scooted herself into the booth. "I was just gonna get myself a shake and—"

Her friend beside her immediately clasped her hand sharply. "Oh no, you gotta stay! You've only been here for two days, we need to get you acquainted on what's going on at school these days," Betty instructed.

Amanda laughed, not helping to go along with this as she ordered her milkshake to drink alongside them. "So, what have I been missing then?"

"Well for starters, I heard Brad was asking . . ." The gossip soon drowned out to have Amanda notice Marty waving to her expectantly with George outside of the café.

She stood up suddenly to have the three of them look to her confused. "Sorry, you keep going. I'll only be a second."

Pushing open the doors, she looked to see a now worried George beside Marty finally having his soda opened. He raised it to her with a smile despite the fact that his dad had helped him open it. Considering Amanda wasn't there to see it, he thought he could get away with not telling her the small detail. "Did it myself."

"Sure you did, blue." Amanda folded her arms, George looking to her nervously. "You're George McFly?"

"Look George this is my friend, Amy. She knows Lorraine, she's even heard her saying nothing but good things about you isn't that right?"

Marty looked to her expectantly as she went along with whatever he was trying to do. "Oh yeah, she thinks you're cute, definitely."

The motive going about in his mind currently was to boost his father's confidence enough for him to follow through with it. What with him pulling the whole science fiction act last night and now giving him a pep talk just before the act itself. "You gotta just go up to her and ask her to the dance."

"She's been waiting for someone to ask her already. If you do it now, I'm sure she'll say yes," Amanda continued

George shook his head nervously to obviously still feel uncomfortable over this despite their words of encouragement. "Oh, I wouldn't even know what to say."

"Just say anything, George. Say something natural. The first thing that comes into your mind," Marty continued to reassure him.

George continued to remain silent and Amanda raised a brow over this. Considering he had to have at least charmed Lorraine into going to the dance with him in the first place, there had to be some sort of smooth talk. . . or something like that. "There's gotta be something?"

"Nothing's coming to my mind!"

Not believing this was how his father seemed to act, Marty heaved a deep breath annoyed over the amount of effort having to be put into this. "Jesus George, it's a wonder I was even born." Amanda shoved him immediately at the comment to see his father didn't notice the words to only ask what he said back confused. "Nothing, nothing, nothing."