Chapter 1 A Blessing And A Curse

Evelyn POV

That's Evelyn, but with peach color eyes

Hello…

My name is Evelyn Jones. I'm a seventeen-year-old girl with long light orange hair with light orange eyes. I live in Jasper, Nevada. I used to live in Texas with my loving family and go out to party with my friends all the time. 

Now…

I live alone in this big old house, and the partying ended. 

*Sigh*

Why?

Well, let me tell you why.

~FLASHBACK~

*2 Years Ago*

Mm… have you ever had the feeling like your world comes crashing into millions of pieces?

Well, that's how I feel right now. 

I'm laying down on my bathroom floor crying.

Why?

Well, I just found out something that I wish wasn't true. 

Over the past two months, I have been feeling dizzy. I have been having morning sickness and headaches. I also have been feeling exhausted. I tried to ignore it, but when the symptoms didn't stop, I began to worry. I knew what was wrong with me, but I wanted to convince myself that it was not true, but when I started to crave weird types of foods, my suspicions grew even more. 

Finally, it had been two months, and I had missed my period twice, so that's when I decided to go to the pharmacy and get a pregnancy test. I came back home and straight to the bathroom.

That's why I'm on the bathroom floor, crying. 

The pregnancy test came out…

'POSITIVE'

~END OF FLASHBACK~

I tried to hide it from my parents for a couple of weeks more, but my stupid little brother found my pregnancy test and showed it to my parents. I thought that my parents will understand that it was not my fault and that they will help me out, but they threw me out of the house. 

At that time, I didn't have anywhere else to go. It was cold and I was alone and scared. I lived in the street for I don't know how long. That's until a really kind old lady found me, and thanks to her, I was able to have a healthy and safe pregnancy, and six months later, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl with orange hair and peach-colored eyes. I named her Layla.

 I named her Layla

That's Layla

One year later, the old lady died. She didn't have any grandchildren or children of her own, and she loved me so much that in her Will, she gave me all her money. I had just turned 16 at that time. 

After that, I moved to Jasper, Nevada, with Layla. I have been living in Jasper Nevada for a whole year with Layla, who is 3 years old now. I love her so much. Layla's a cheerful and happy little girl. 

Jasper Nevada is a tiny town. I'm still amazed that people haven't found out about a 17-year-old girl living alone with a 3-year-old child. The only people that know are the people at the daycare center because, whenever I go to school, I always leave Layla with them. In school, it's no difference. No one knows about Layla. Not even my three best friends

Their names are Jack, Raf, and Miko. We always hang out together, but not after school because I have to go pick up Layla. Whenever Layla wants to go to the park or I have to go to the store, I always use a long hoodie so no one could recognize me. 

I know that I shouldn't, but I'm scared that when people find out, they might take me to an orphanage and take Layla away from me. So, I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm living alone in a house with a 3-year-old girl. 

Well, just until I turn 18 years old.

Well, like you already know. I'm 17 years old and live in Jasper with my 3-year-old daughter. I have my driver's license and drive on a 2018 white Dodge Charger.