Tightening her grip on the wheel, Lauren flares her nostrils in disgust. "That fucking disgusting little ass—"

"Not everyone is like Keith, Normani," Ally interrupts her girlfriend as she turns in her seat to meet her best friend's gaze. She smiles at her delicately. "Just try tonight, alright? That's all I ask. If it helps, Lauren's friend can stick by you. They're roommates, and I'm sure you'll like her."

"Fine, only for you." Normani relents, managing a slight smile of her own when Ally's brighten. "But if there's no alcohol at the bonfire, I'm leaving."

"Okay, I actually agree with you on that one."

Normani's face twists in slight annoyance as she watches Shawn Mendes, a white kid — and she'll admit it, he was wildly attractive — that had no sense of rhythm whatsoever, dance offbeat to the rapper Quavo's new single, Swing, (aka the best track off the entire album), along with a few other people she wasn't familiar with. Normani would've walked off by now to spare herself the torture, but she was content at her spot: sitting in a chair next to a cooler full of an assortment of drinks. The brunette's eyes light up for the first time that night when she finds a cold bottle of Corona chilling under a couple cans of sodas.

"Ah, I see you've found the jackpot." Normani's head turns so fast she swears she almost gives herself whiplash, to see a tall, blonde woman settle herself into the chair beside her. Habitually, the brunette furrows her eyebrows and crinkles her nose at the unwanted presence. She watches silently as the stranger helps herself to the container resting between them, producing a Corona for herself and opening it effortlessly. Their gazes finally meet, and when the blonde smiles, all of Normani's coherent thoughts are suddenly nowhere to be found.

This woman, in the brunette's eyes, is the most stunning woman she's ever seen in her short-lived life. The bright light of the huge bonfire illuminates both women's features, and Normani finds herself mentally saving the delicate curve of the stranger's eyes, the sharpness of her jaw and the tenderness of her smile. After a beat, the  stranger arches a well-done eyebrow, and the light smile that was formed on her face soon turns into a knowing smirk.

"You want a picture?" She says, temporarily throwing Normani off-guard. Fucking hell, Normani thinks hastily, Even her voice is alluring.

The brunette wants to come back with a witty retort, yet, due to her currently mushed brain, all that she manages to muster is a: "W—what?"

The woman smiles once more, genuinely, and shakes her head in amusement, never removing her gaze from the other. "You're Normani, right? I'm Dinah, Lauren's roommate."

Mutely, Normani nods, breaking their mini staring contest to take a very, very long sip of her beer. When she goes to put it aside, she notices that the bottle is already a third empty. Shit, that would come to bite her in the ass later. How'd she end up being so thirsty all of a sudden?

"Yeah," the brunette verbally responds after a few moments. She wonders why Lauren failed to mention that her roommate's basically a gorgeous supermodel. Normani silently prays to God she keeps her cool. "Ah—it's nice to meet you, Dinah."

"Likewise," The tiny grin continues to play on her lips even after her smile fades. Normani forces herself to tear her eyes away from Dinah's full, glossed lips and back to her eyes. She has to attempt to prevent herself from drooling over someone she's just meeting and currently, she was failing. Drastically. "Your friends have told me quite a bit about you. Glad to finally be able add a face to the name."

"I can only hope they're good things."

"Mostly," Dinah takes a swig of her drink, and uses her free hand to run her fingers through her tousled blonde hair. "But, I'm curious. Lauren told me you didn't want to come. Why?"