Deal with a Demon: Questioned

Start from the beginning

A short, raw laugh bubbled up from Jungkook's limp body before he finally answered:

"Not my kind."

An abrupt snore escaped him right after the muffled words left him.

Hoseok shared a concerned glance with Jimin.

"There are different types of demons?" Hoseok hazarded. He placed aside his mocha and spared the shopping bags a brief glance before turning his attention back toward Jimin. "Is it the same for angels? Like, different species and stuff?"

"Yeah, but that's mostly tied in with our rank," Jimin replied, slowly sliding himself off the bedside and onto the floor, giving Jungkook's body a concerned glare of sorts. "Like, I'm part of the lowest rank there is; we're referred by our own kind as 'angels,' the same name you humans use.

"There are other rankings and such in my part of the hierarchy," he continued with a flippant wave of his hand, "but the highest of the choir are the seraphs. Nobody really interacts with them since they're always by God's throne. Basically, they're His home caretakers whenever He has to depart for Heavenly business."

Hoseok raised an intrigued brow. "'Heavenly business?' Like what?"

Jimin shrugged. "Dunno. That information's mostly passed down to the seraphs, cherubs, and thrones-they're all part of the highest rank, by the way. So they get to be informed of His location and take care of business while He's away or, in some cases, even get to go with Him."

Jimin focused on Hoseok's awed face with a slight frown. "Do they not teach this in schools? It's basic information."

"Well, I mean, teaching religion in an educational environment is kinda illegal nowadays."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess it's better to be taught the basics rather than be preached to by someone who's breaking the law."

A silence took hold of the conversation as both parties stared at Jungkook's unconscious body.

Hoseok pursed his lips in thought while observing the relaxed slouch Jungkook's body took while lying in his bed.

In all his time while staying with Hoseok, Jungkook had not once shown any sign of needing to refuel his energy in conventionally humane ways. Hoseok didn't really think much about it since his first thirty-six hours of knowing (read: acknowledging the existence of) Jungkook consisted of the demon staring at him from a corner in his room without even breathing, much less sleeping. Hoseok figured it was a demon thing and didn't bother questioning it since his current situation was unbelievable enough.

But that notion was immediately broken when Hoseok had felt Jungkook's weight atop him the next morning after their deal, despite the demon informing and confirming his existence as merely an aftereffect of light being unable to go through an object. After that, it was only brief moments that shone through the whole deal thing that had Hoseok pausing, wondering, before brushing over it and never bringing it up.

Jungkook...was full of contradictions, as it turned out.

"He's been acting weird lately, actually," Jimin admitted softly.

Hoseok startled and turned toward the angel, who had since taken it upon himself to lean against the bed frame and curl into himself. "Weird, how?" he questioned.

Jimin shrugged with his face all twisted up from something close to contemplation. He opened his mouth, only to shut it with a bit of a struggle like he didn't quite know how to put his observations into words, something Hoseok would probably experience if he was in the angel's position.