Chapter four

Time skip

As I walked into slurps and burps, I couldn't help but feel that everyone was looking at me. I tried to shake off that feeling as I approached the main counter.

"Hi! Do you know where I can find Dex?" I asked Kesler, Dex's dad.

"Yeah, he's up in his lab. Hopefully it's not a mess!" Kesler told me.

As I walked up the stairs of the store, I was mentally going over everything that I want to say to Dex. I know he's mad at me and I hate it when he's mad. After all, he is my best friend. I walk into the lab and see Dex tinkering with random gadgets.

"Dex, I need to talk to you."

Dex was startled, and accidentally dropped his gadgets. I quickly rush to his side and help him pick it up.

"Dex," I started, "I am so, so sorry that I have hurt your feelings! I know I was hiding away in my room but it wasn't because of you! You are my best friend and I would never do anything to hurt you! The real reason I locked myself in my room was because I'm unmatchable."

Dex looked at me with a face full of shock and surprise.

"You're unmatchable?" Dex asked me with eyes of disbelief.

I just nodded, but didn't say anything. I was afraid that Dex wouldn't want to be my friend anymore, let alone my best friend. As these thoughts were swirling in my head, Dex wraps me in a hug. I didn't realize I was crying until he said

"It's going to be okay! You don't need to be matchable to be happy. My parents were a bad match and they are very happy!"

"Thanks Dex, I really needed to hear that."

I spent the next hour just talking with Dex and helping him. I didn't know how much Dex means to me until I thought I lost him. Maybe I can still be happy. All I know is that I can't hide anymore. I am Sophie Elizabeth Foster. I can do anything.

~~~

Thanks again for reading!! I want to give a shout out to holo-Hamilton for being my first follower!! I also want to thank those who were the very first ones to read this! Make sure to vote and comment! :)