The Tree House

Schneep's pov.

I push off the blue bedsheets and slide onto the soft white mat. I shuffle off the mat and onto the light wooded floor, making my way to the bathroom. I step in and do what I need to do before getting dressed in my scrubs. I grab my bag and walk out of the comfort of my room. "Have a good day, Anti," I whisper as I look at his closed-door before turning and walking down the stairs, saying goodbye to Jack, Marvin, Jackie, and Jameson.

Walking down the street, I take some time to process the talk I had with Chase last night. I can't believe it. There is no way I could have a proper crush on Anti. It could just be small feelings, but I can't be sure it's a crush until 4 months. "There's no way I can wait that long, though." I think out loud. I never truly believed in love at first sight, but there is a possibility this could be some form of that. Eventually, I arrive at the hospital, and the receptionist greets me with a joyful hello.

I walk into my office, thankful that Dr. Iplier hasn't arrived yet since he'd probably ask a heap of questions. Sitting at my desk, I get my paperwork out of my briefcase, which is more like a backpack. And I sit around, waiting for my first task of the day.

Anti's pov.

I pulled up my ripped jeans and slid on a tank top. I put on my vaporwave hoddie and neon green, punk styled ankle boots. I should probably take something with me, it's pretty far away from what I remember. I throw my laptop, USB, pencil case, and sketchbook in my army backpack, and I grab my checkered sunflower lunch box, creeping downstairs to pinch a couple of cookies, squeeze yogurts, and water. "Morning, Anti! What you up to this morning?" Jack cheers out of nowhere, making me flinch in surprise. I look behind me. "I just thought I'd get out the house for a while, you know?" That doesn't sound suspicious at all. Idiot. "You plan to stay out for long?"

"Is a day or two alright with you?" I ask quietly, hoping no one else is listening in. "That's fine," He says with a weary tone, "Just take something healthy."

"I have water!"

"I mean like some fruit or something. Schneeps would kill me if I let you live off cookies and yogurt."

"Fine. Can I take some teabags too?"

"Sure, why not."

"Thanks, Jack," I say, turning and grabbing some tea and an apple. I jog back to my room and put the lunchbox in my bag. I turn to my bed and pull out a clear tub, where I keep my weapon collection. I take off the lid, placing it beside me before observing my options. "I shouldn't take my regular knife. If one of the others sees it, they'll have my head. I need something smaller... Aha!" I say, taking my multicolored butterfly knife from the container and weighing it in my palm.

"This should do it," I speak to myself, giving the knife a few experimental flips

"This should do it," I speak to myself, giving the knife a few experimental flips. I push the tub under the bed and close the blade up and tuck it in my pant pocket, grabbing my phone and earphones. I throw the backpack over my shoulders, but just as I'm about to walk out, I remember something. "Fuck, my gauges!" I run to the bathroom, almost running into the door. Ripping open all the draws, I find my earring box and place it next to the sink, opening it.