Trails of Blood

Burn:

Nightmares haunt me. Angry dragons want me to take out their plans. Burn, Blister, Oasis. They all want me to kill every dragon in the world. If only be an animus wasn't this much of a curse. The past queens cursed me. I will never have peace in my lifetime. 

"Burn. Wake up. Follow me," a whisper awakens me. Qibli. That sweet serene sound. 

"What Qibli?" I snap. Doesn't he know anything? HE, after all, has no memories of his past before this. He just remembers me being there for him when he needed it. STUPID Qibli. 

"Follow me. There is something I must show you. It is quite extraordinary. I think you might like it," Qibli calmly responds. How come he was so much better with Winter? Did I erase too many of his memories? I can ask that pitiful mutt that Thorn had with Stonemover. What a waste of time. I have a war to handle. I follow Qibli, snarling at any SandWing who gets too close to me. Disappointments, the lot of them. I will have to retrain them tomorrow. 

Corridors after corridors pass us by. Then I see it. A chamber filled with books about animus magic in the royal family. A smirk fills my face. QIbli isn't so bad after all.  I guess I will keep him around for now. If only he wasn't so much of a hassle though. He will make a wonderful king for producing heirs to the throne. After that, I can dispose of him.

"Thank you Qibli. Go back to bed now." He turns around and walks away.  Why must I fail at everything? Does Qibi need to look after me? Are my headaches getting worse?  My vision starts to get hazy. I collapse on to the ground.

Is this the end? Will I ever come back from being controlled by the dead queens? The war that they wanted will come true I guess. I protected Qibli though. That will make him less of a target.