Chapter 22:

This chapter is dedicated to DeadMemeDoge

Winter, you are such a fool. Why would this new SandWing, that replaced the one I love, know Oasis? I am trapped. He might already be Burn's new toy.  

"Hello Winter," Lynx's voice comes from behind me. It is smooth and angelic, but not as pristine as what Qib's was.  "We will get Oasis and Qibli back. No one deserves this. I also came to tell you what Snowfall has informed us." My wings drop. SnowFox is she still going to help me? "Maybe I should take you to her?" Lynx looks at me, then at her talons. "I am glad you are happy." She lifts off into the air. I soon follow.  

We reach the burnt down village of Possibility. 

"General Winter, hello. How is our Queen?" Little dragonets clamber up and ask a bunch of questions to me. I tell them to leave me alone for a couple minutes. I will tell them all about Oasis later. 

"She still doesn't remember anything. As long as Burn holds her captive, we can not attack. Burn I think is planning on destroying the IceWings by taking Oasis. Oasis is our pillar of hope, of a better world for the SandWing-IceWing relationships. It is vital, that we get her back. Burn is also an animus, so it could be dangerous for us. Burn promised not to use her powers on us, but then again she could be lying. Although then again..." I sigh and crumble into his wings. Anemone walks up to me and cups my face. What is happening? I don't understand. What is the point of this? Anemone smiles. 

"Winter try to enchant something. My magic is reacting to you in a strange way," Anemone commands. I look at Tamarin and she nods. 

"I enchant this rock to grow an Ice Rose." An Ice Rose slowly starts to flourish, but then it flutters away, as if it was never there.  "What the hell was that?" Anemone looks at me again.

"It is a new type of magic. One that runs on emotions instead of genetics. It will only last until you finish your quest. There are limits. I will help train you. Although you do have to sacrifice something to sustain your magic." Anemone says the word sacrifice and I immediately forget all things. I know what to sacrifice. I will sacrifice my ice breath.