Chapter 21: Forgotten Days

Life was good for me. Queen Burn treated me with upmost respect. Winter of the IceWings visited often saying "I miss you Oasis. Come back to me, please. I will find a way for you to come back." 

Queen Burn enters my room with her blood stained crown. 

"Your Majesty." I deepen my bow to the floor. 

"You don't need to do that. I trust your loyalty. Have you remembered anything?" She asks me with such worry. Burn is my queen. I must tell the truth.

"No, Your Majesty." I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. Burn strokes my face gently. She licks me reassuringly. 

"Good. Don't want my friend getting any crazy ideas. The IceWings have stopped attacking. The SandWings need a king though. As you are someone that they deem worthy... I was wondering. Would you be interested in being my king?" 

"I... I possibly couldn't be your king. They are too important of a dragon. What happens if I make the wrong decision?" I hyperventilate. This situation couldn't get any more awkward. "Can I have a few days to think about it?" Burn nods and leaves me be. 

Winter visits me again. This time though. He pulls me into a kiss. A kiss that my body recognizes. One that I, myself, do not recognize. 

"Oasis? Are you there?" Winter quivers in fear, believing he did the wrong thing. 

"Who is Oasis?"