To Be Cared About

Chapter Six

To Be Cared About
yup

I woke up, feeling a cold, yet soft bed sheet beneath me. I immediately realized I was no longer back at my apartment, but still at Jim's place. Memories from last night rushed to me one after the other, but they were still a bit fuzzy. The last thing I remembered was falling asleep a little while after my make-out session with Jim.

I looked around to see that Jim wasn't in the room. I couldn't help but be pained by the feeling that maybe he'd left me carelessly. Although the fear that I had done something I'd come to regret was worse than any pain. 'I did not have sex with him, I'm alright, it was just a little kissing,' I reassured myself.

I sighed, patting myself and being relieved that I was still fully clothed by last night's dress. However, I was now wishing the dress was off since it was itchy and forming incredibly uncomfortable rashes on my skin.

I looked beside me where on a dark nightstand was a pair of dark, blue jeans, a loose, black t-shirt, and a simple pair of black sneakers. At least he supplied clothes for me. I knew I shouldn't have been surprised he was smart enough to think ahead, but I still found it sweet of him.

I stretched and stood up from the bed, looking around just in case he was hiding anymore notes. Afterwards, I took the clothes into the bathroom to change. Laid on the counter was a brand new brush, toothbrush, deodorant, and even perfume.

Jim Moriarty had amazed me so many times, yet I was still able to be astounded by his continuous surprises. After changing into the clothes he'd left for me and making myself look somewhat appealing, I walked out of the room and down the hallway to the kitchen with my dress in hand.

There, sat on a bar stool in front of a black, granite counter, was Jim Moriarty in a simple, gray t-shirt and jeans.

I desperately wanted to walk over to him and embrace him, but something didn't feel right. I wanted to kiss him or at least have him wrap his arms around me, but something was holding me back. It didn't matter anyways since he hadn't noticed me yet.

He was drumming his fingers on the granite as he stared out into space. He then brought his gaze down to his hand and eyed his tapping fingers intensely as if he was deep in thought. I cleared my throat, making Jim turn towards me. In a split second, his serious face turned into a familiar smile.

He patted the chair next to him and I walked over to him, laying my dress over the back of the chair. I didn't take the seat, but I sat on the counter instead. "Is it alright?" I asked, even though I was already on the counter anyways.

He nodded his head and got up, then leaning against the refrigerator. "I suppose I don't mind," he said, staring into my eyes.

His hair randomly spiked up in different directions as if he just pulled on some clothes and didn't really brush his hair. I liked it that way though, it was different.

"Well wasn't last night fun?" I said awkwardly. Jim grinned and stepped closer, thinning the air between us just like he had last night. I didn't exactly know what to do, so I just stayed put. I let my legs dangle over the edge of the counter, nervously tapping my heels against the hardwood wall.

I inhaled sharply and straightened my back. He stepped toward me and simply kissed my cheek. I raised my eyebrows accusingly, "You said nothing would happen and I thought that included kissing."

Jim smirked and leaned against the granite, pushing his weight towards me.

We are definitely testing the strength of this granite counter.

"You started it," he argued playfully.

"Did not," I replied, lightly shoving his shoulder.

"Did too," he stated, sticking his tongue out.