Known Admirer Part Two

Chapter Fifteen

Known Admirer Part Two

Sherlock's P.O.V. 

"Please don't tell me you blew up the kitchen," John said, eyeing the kitchen suspiciously.

Sherlock was staring out the window of the flat earnestly. "Actually, I need advice."

John froze, furrowing his eyebrows in my direction. "You....you need what?"

"Advice. Isn't that guidance or recommendations concerning prudent future actions that are given after someone vents out their problems?"

"Yes."

John nodded, waiting for Sherlock to say more. He didn't.

"You need......advice?" He finally spoke up after a few minutes.

"Mm, yes."

Another long pause.

"Are you going to help me?" Sherlock asked irritatingly.

Painful silence

"To be honest, Sherlock, I am completely unsure of how to respond," he admitted.

"I don't understand how it's that complicated, it's a yes or no question, John. There's only two answers you can choose from."

"Yes, but.....why do you....need my help. I never remember the great Sherlock Holmes ever needing advice before this."

"John."

"Yes?"

".......please."

John stopped. "What do you need advice for?"

"If Moriarty were to ask us to help him save Carter because he claimed he didn't put that camera in her room, and that he didn't kidnap her.......would you trust him?"

John cleared his throat, "Why are you asking me this?"

"Don't be stupid. You know exactly why I'm asking you this."

"When?"

"Right after I left the crime scene, I came back here and he was waiting for me."

"And what happened? What did he say?"

"According to him, he never knew about the whole camera part, all he knew was that Carter was kidnapped--"

"Wait a minute....so....if he didn't kidnap Carter....who did?"

"Assuming that Jim wasn't the person who kidnapped Carter, it would've been a man by the name of Sebastian Moran, which would also explain why the note at the crime scene was signed, 'S.M.'"

"Who's Sebastian Moran?"

"Reasonably an associate of Moriarty somehow, an old associate however, Jim confessed that he has nothing to do with Sebastian anymore. He proposed that we work together since Sebastian trusts him and we can constantly be two steps ahead of him."

"What'd you say?"

"I declined his offer."

"And he said what to that?"

"He said he hopes that I make the right decision before it's too late."

"And you're telling me this because?"

"I'm not just feeling pain and fear anymore, John. I'm feeling doubt, I'm doubting whether I made the right decision. John, you may not be as smart as I am," Sherlock began, causing John to groan annoyingly. "However, I don't always have the best judgement, but sometimes I believe you see the truth in people more than I do. I mean hell, I thought Harry was your brother when we first met."