Chapter Fifteen

Lol. I completely forgot I had this story over on Wattpad, tbh. In my defense, it's a lot more popular over on Fanfiction.net. Maybe if you guys were to comment and vote more (hint hint hint) I would remember you guys! (Especially comment! --->)

Okay, but at least now you get a double update! Right?

Also, I got 100 reviews over on Fanfiction.net (!!!) so this chapter is dedicated to FastReaderBadWriter (I don't think they have a Wattpad account) for being my 100th! Yay!

Let's see how the crowd's doing!

Crowd: DON'T THINK WE'VE FORGIVEN YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO KEEFE!

Me: Oh... oh my mallowmelt! That means you're attached to my version of the characters! You actually like this!

Crowd: NONONONONONONONONO ANYTHING BUT THAT! *Runs away*

Me: Welp, they're gone. Hope you enjoy!

Sophie's sulking, zombie-mode-ing, and general "reacting" to Keefe's memory loss the next day was interrupted several times. First it was Grady and Edaline coming to cheer her up. Then Edaline again with mallowmelt. Finally, Fitz came and told her he'd heard the news from Alden, who heard it from Grady.

"How are you doing?" Fitz said gently.

"How do you think I'm doing?" Sophie muttered.

"Fair point." Fitz answered. Sitting down next to Sophie on her bed, he wrapped a (probably supposed to be) comforting arm around her shoulders and asked "Do you think we'll be able to get his memories back?"

Sophie sighed. "I don't know, Fitz. We already know the Neverseen, Gisela especially, are experts are washing memories. We figured that out with-" Thinking better of her initial idea to say Alvar, Sophie backtracked. "Never mind. And, um, Keefe's other memories were shattered, not just washed, so it might be the same this time. For all we know, this was part of the Neverseen's plan- and their plans almost always work."

"That's true..." Fitz conceded, "But-"

"If you say 'we're Cognates', I may strangle you."

"Fair. How about this?" Fitz cleared his throat. "Sophie, you're the Moonlark. The most powerful elf alive. You've done the impossible, like, what? Fifty different times already? You can do anything you put your mind to. Remember when my dad's mind was broken? You managed to heal him. I have no doubt that you can do this too."

The determination in his teal eyes was contagious, so Sophie stood up, shrugged, and said "It's worth a try. Come on, let's go the Wa- Shores of Solace."

"Yeah, that's the right attitude!" Fitz cheered. Standing up too, he grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him to the Leapmaster 500. "Shores of Solace!"

They reappeared at the familiar beach house. Keefe was on the swing, staring out at the waves.

"Hi," Sophie said quietly.

"Foster! Back so soon? Seems like someone missed me," Keefe smirked. "Who's the guy next to you?"

"Fitz," Sophie answered.

"Wonderboy?" Keefe remembered.

Fitz made an indignant noise and Sophie chuckled. "Yeah. That Fitz."

"So, besides missing me desperately, what brings the two of you here?"

"We're going to try to trigger your memories," Fitz muttered.