VIII- oh shit

When the drops of water hit her, (Y/n) knew what she had to do. She needed to get back to that hallway and go to the middle... whatever that was.

Darryl ran to the corner of the basement and (Y/n) swung her legs over the bed to go and retrieve the rat.

"C'mere buddy." She cooed at the rodent who was strangely receptive to her, they'd time travelled together after all.

Darryl hopped into her open palms and settled there.

"I'm glad to see you're awake, honey."

'Ugh, Seth.'

(Y/n) turned her head to face him but kept crouched to the ground.

"I-" Seth's smile left his face and he narrowed his eyes at her. "Is that a rat?"

"Uh... yes?" She answered and pulled Darryl closer to her chest protectively, remembering how Seth had mercilessly shot her friend before. "I'd like to keep him."

Seth was at a loss for words. What was his beautiful girl doing with that filthy pest? Like...a literal pest.

"I suppose you can..." He trailed off. "But keep that thing away from me."

(Y/n) restrained a snicker, this guy was seriously scared of rats? She'd have to remember that for future reference.

"If I find out it gave you fleas then we're getting rid of it." He said under his breath and then cleared his throat and resumed what he was saying. "Now, if you could put that rodent down and allow me to explain what you're doing here."

Things continued as they usually did for the rest of the day. (Y/n) had stayed off Seth's nerves and he had given her some soup for dinner that he was spoon feeding her.

He looked like he was having the time of his fucking life. His eyes kept on trailing to her collar, the tag on it in particular. Seth smiled whenever he saw it, a sweet reminder of who (Y/n) belonged to.

(Y/n) swallowed the watery soup unenthusiastically, she had around four hours until she could go back to the middle so she needed him out by then.

She was pretty sure he would be anyway, the latest Seth had stayed with her was until ten-thirty. He never spent the night with her, he probably didn't want to be vulnerable enough around her for (Y/n) to have the opportunity to take his life.

"Oops, you've got a little bit of soup on your chin." Seth giggled and wiped at her face with a paper towel. "Your skin is so soft and perfect~" He marvelled.

(Y/n) didn't really think that was quite true but didn't speak up. She let out an exaggerated yawn to try and get him to go.

"You tired, my darling?" Seth pouted.

(Y/n) nodded slowly.

"Alright, you'd better get a good night's sleep and then we can spend more time together in the morning." He gave her a quick peck on the cheek and stood up with the empty bowl.

(Y/n) stayed sat on the floor, waiting for Seth to leave.

He tilted his head to the side and looked at her. "What are you waiting for? Oh, do you want me to tuck you in?"

(Y/n) ferociously shook her head and shot to her feet. "I'm fine. Goodnight, Seth."

He looked her once over affectionately. "I hope you sleep well, my love."

'He's gone... finally.'

"Darryl? Darryl, where are you?" (Y/n) looked over the ground to try and spot him but the rat didn't come out from whatever nook he was tucked away in.