I- day one

(Y/n) woke up to an unfamiliar environment. As soon as she opened her eyes a single droplet of water fell from the ceiling and right onto her forehead.

This wasn't the first time (Y/n) had found herself one morning somewhere she didn't recognise but what concerned her was the fact that she didn't recall going out the night before. In fact she didn't remember much at all from the night before.

Another drop of water hit the same spot. She grimaced and sat up to wipe her head dry.

"Fucking hell." She murmured. The room she was in was like some old-timey prison, it was cold and damp but had bright lights shining down on her and the single bed she found herself in was the only feature of it other than a bucket.

She removed the thin blanket from over her and was relieved to see that she was wearing clothes she actually remembered putting on.

That would be good thing to do first- figure out what the last thing she remembered was.

It would be even better if she knew what time it was and what day it was.

Her eyes went to her watch, it was seven minutes past noon.

Before she could even think of a way to find out the day, a rodent that she could only think to be a rat scuttled around the corner and made her sqeal.

"Fuck off." She got out of the bed, only tripping slightly and stumbled towards the bucket which she lifted up as a weapon with the intention of either catching or scaring off the rat.

It wasn't the most logical thing to do. But it was the thing that she did.

Before she could pick the bucket up, a small glint entered her vision. Right next to the filthy bucket was a small locket.

(Y/n) crouched down and felt her unused knees click about eight times by the time she was at floor level. She took the locket between her fingers and inspected it, she went to open it but just as she was going to she heard a door opening.

"I'm glad to see you're awake, honey."

(Y/n) turned to the door, there was a man standing there who appeared to be a bit younger than she was. He was attractive and (Y/n) wasn't going to deny that, he had a sort of innocent look with baby blue eyes, fluffy blonde hair and a dusting of freckles. But at the same time- what the fuck was going on?

"I can see you're a little confused." He spoke in a condescending way, like he was some cheesy movie villain.

"Uh... yeah." She went along with it since (Y/n) still wasn't quite sure what was happening.

"Well-" His words were stopped by a ringing, a look of distaste crossed the man's face and he reached in his pocket to pull out his phone. "Fucking Dave..." He grumbled to himself and rejected the call.

Throughout this (Y/n) just stayed crouched on the floor next to the bucket and stared at him inquisitively.

"I'm sorry about that." He shoved his phone back into his pocket. "Allow me to explain what you're doing here." He gestured towards the bed she had woken up on.

She lifted herself up and hurried over to sit on the bed to await an explanation so she could figure out if she was going to put her limited knowledge of self defence to good use.

"I know you don't know who I am, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Seth." He grinned and sat down next to (Y/n).

"Okay, I'm-"

"(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n), I know who you are. I have for a while. I don't know if you remember me but we went to the same high school." Seth was shaking somewhat abnormally as he spoke, it was like he couldn't contain his happiness to just the wide smile on his face.