𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕

Start from the beginning

soojin couldn't help but tear up a bit, blinking her eyes rapidly as a big smile appears on her face "and when you're not around eachother?"

"of course im worried.. who wouldnt be? im worried if he's hurt or where he is.. its like temporarily losing something you cant imagine living without.. but i know at the end of the day, we'll be together again.. and i would just laugh at myself for worrying too much"

as mingi chuckles, the princess chuckles as well, taking hold of his hand and squeezing it. the guard looks at her, squinting his eyes in a playful manner "do you feel like that when you're with jongho? has he been occupying her mind lately that you havent been getting enough sleep?"

she felt a pang in her heart and her gaze slightly falters. her words were stuck in her throat. 'yes' she wanted to say, but it was as if her mouth knew she was lying. the princess kept her mouth shut, her mind thinking of an answer.

"its all very confusing" she squeaks out, placing her head onto the man's shoulder.

he scoffs again "that's what you said before.. is it not jongho?--" mingi jumped with what he said. the guard standing up and fully turning towards her, soojin pulls her head back just in time "is it not jongho?! who is it??? is it him and someone else? is that why you're confused??"

"mingi, calm down" she says, pulling him down beside her.

as mingi was about to speak once again, seoho calls their attention. soojin pats the taller's back as they stand quickly, grabbing her sword and protective gear "i'll tell you once i sort my feelings out"

everyone stops, scattered around the training grounds as they came closer to hear whatever seoho was about to say.

"we'll change partners for the last time before ending our session" he says "yunho and hongjoong, you're paired together. prince san and mingi. yeosang and seonghwa. and lastly..." he stops, seeing the different looks the last three were giving.

"--wooyoung and princess soojin. prince jongho, you'll be paired with me"

jongho's hand grips tighter on his sword "can--"

"can we switch partners?" it was wooyoung who spoke, raising his hand up respectfully.

soojin looks down as she fiddles with her sword "no. now please stand with your partner and get ready to battle" seoho's voice was firm as he directs them to take their position.

wooyoung takes a deep breath as he faces the princess. they cross their swords as seoho shouts, indicating for them to start.

as everyone gets engulfed in their own battles, the two just stands there-- unmoving as they stare into eachother. they each take ragged breathes, their palms sweating up.

the gunner closes his eyes tightly before swinging his sword, taking the princess off guard and making her drop her weapon.

he slashes his sword once more, placing a small fresh wound on her cheek. she hissed as she reaches up and touches it, seeing crimson on the tip on her finger. wooyoung rests his sword below her chin, eyes bearing no emotion.

"yield" he said.

she felt as if the sword did not pierce her cheek, instead it was her heart. she felt cold all over and tears threatened to fall "what did i do? did i do something wrong? why are you being so mean again??"

his eyes doesn't waiver as he repeats the same word again "yield" he said.

"wooyoung--"

"im tired princess. lets just get this over with"